"It's a waste of money."

His eyes widened again.

I wondered how many different expressions he could make.

"......I will give your allowance as soon as possible, so please forgive me."

He must have thought I was sarcastic about him forgetting to pay me.

I didn't mean that......

But I didn't need to stop him from giving me the allowance, so I just nodded.

***

A few days later, I got a really huge allowance.

"My parents asked me to make sure I told you they were sorry too."

Killian apologized again, and I fought to keep my mouth from falling open.

"I'm sure you didn't do that on purpose. Thank you, Killian."

I thanked him gracefully and looked down at the money in front of me as soon as he left.

"How much is all this......"

As the daughter-in-law of this family, I am entitled to a whopping 2 million sennas a month. Including the money I haven't received in the past eight months and this month's money, I have a total of 18 million sennas in front of me.

"Wow...... so easy to get this much money......"

While I was happy to get the money, I was also a little overwhelmed.

Money is so easy for some people, and so hard for others.

I remember taking money out of my emergency fund the month my brother stole my paycheck.

I felt like I was on an airplane that might crash at any moment, and my parachute was being gradually reduced in size.

I realized how suffocating it was, how many times I had to think about each withdrawal, and how my hand was always shaking as I pressed the 'withdraw' button.

In my previous life as Choi Soo-na, I lived so hard because every penny was hard to come by, but now......

'Well, even though I have a lot of money now, I'm destined to be beheaded sooner or later, so...... no, no, no, let's not think about that.'

I cleared my head of the depressing thoughts.

There's no point in trying to decide who's more unhappy, Choi Soo-na, who is struggling for every penny, or Edith, who has a lot of money but might die a miserable death sooner or later.

For now, I had to focus on finding a way to survive.

"Anna, let's go out!"

I called out to Anna in an unnecessarily excited voice as I prepared to go to the bank on Darsus Street.

We were just about to get into the carriage.

"Oh, Edith, are you going out too?"

I heard Lizé's cheerful voice.

At that moment, I realized that today is Friday. The day Lizé and Killian are going out together.

"Lizé, you said you were going to Le Belle-Marie Street today, didn't you?"

"Yes. I'm excited, it's been a while since I've been out."

Lizé looked so innocent, as if she didn't have the slightest malice.

Behind her, Killian was looking at me with a strange expression on his face.

"You seem to go to Darsus Street often."