But things always happen by surprise.

"A letter for you, miss."

As usual, Anna handed me a stack of letters addressed to me.

Most of them were party invitations, and considering Edith was a partygoer in the past, she received several a day.

'In the original story, she goes to all these parties to spread malicious rumors about Lizé.'

Even if she keeps spreading the slander in secret, Killian or Cliff will find the source because she spread it in so many places......

No, maybe the original Edith does it on purpose, hoping Killian realizes how angry and sad she is.

'You certainly hope so, Edith.'

Anyway, by not going to the party, I nipped any possible dead flags in the bud.

I wish I could have finished checking my letters today by tossing a stack of party invitations into the fire, but I froze as I flipped through them blindly.

'Count Riegelhoff......!'

Count Riegelhoff, who had been quiet all this time, sent me a letter.

I had a vague idea that Anna would tell the Duke of Ludwig about it.

'Did she even open the letter?'

The sealing was apparently intact, but envelopes can be tampered with and handwriting can be copied.

I chewed my lip, opened the envelope, and began to read the letter, which was not going to be very pleasant.

– Dear Edith.

It's been almost three months since you got married.

Have you been doing well?

I know it's hard to adjust to a new house, but the time has come for you to get to work.

I know that you've been helping the Duchess with her work and have access to the duchy's internal documents.

If there is any documentation on weapons entering the duchy, take it.

If you can't get it, write a summary of the contents and send it to......

The rest of the letter was long, but he wanted one thing from me: to take away any weapons-related documents.

Of course, the letter was written in special ink and had to be heated by candlelight to read.

I had Edith's memory, so I could read the true content of the letter, but to anyone else, it would look like a letter written by a father concerned for his daughter's well-being.

'How did he know I was managing the internal documents, anyway?'

There's no way the Duke of Ludwig could have been talking about it outside. In other words, there is a Riegelhoff spy in this house.

'What...... Riegelhoff have a spy in Ludwig?'

I was a little nervous when I first saw the letter, but I was no longer on a leash with Count Riegelhoff.

I immediately took out the letter and wrote a reply.

– Dear Father.

(A long, long salutation omitted)

Now that I've come and seen for myself, House Ludwig is so solid and powerful. It is beyond my imagination.

If you try to take them down, you'll have to be prepared to be executed.