Chapter 32 | slammer

A/N: sorry for lack of posts!!

everyone was feeling tense after the keeper meeting and gally hadn't left his hut all day and the girl still hadn't woken up yet.

me and newt layed in his bed together, my head placed gently on his chest whilst he runs his hands through my hair, all I could think about was the note that the girl came up with..

"hey newt...what do you think that note ment?" I said sitting up to look at him. He looked into my eyes and sighed..

"flora, I'm not sure what the note means and I really don't want to worry about it right now okay?" his tone felt angry and I suddenly felt embarrassed at my question. Newt was looking up at me waiting to see my reaction..

I sat there looking at him in shock for a small amount of time, and then snapped out of it..

"gally is gonna be at my hit soon to take me to the slammers...I should probably go" I said getting of the bed and walking over to the door, Newt followed not far behind me and tried to question me but I walked away. As I walked back to my hut I could faintly hear newt calling for me but I went straight to my hut.

                                   ~

I got changed into the warmest clothes I had to prepare me for the cold night I would have to endure, I got on some grey joggers and a slightly fuzzy hoodie. I slicked my hair back in a low ponytail to keep it out of my face during the night and then sat patiently at my desk waiting for gally to come collect me..

I looked at myself in the mirror I had been given and I didn't recognise the girl looking back at me... I wished I knew what my life was like before the maze it might help with this derealization. I was starring to get bored waiting for gally and was searching my room for something to occupy myself, I rummaged through drawers until I finally found myself hesitating to open the drawer I knew contained the blade I had taken during my time at the medhut. I stood and stared at the drawer for a while contemplateling if I should risk opening the drawer, unsure if I could resist the urge. I hadn't opened the drawer since I promised myself I would stop for newts sake.

I opened the drawer.

inside I saw the blade laying in the empty drawer, without hesitation this time I grabbed the blade sat on the floor and dragged the cold blade across my wrist multiple times. I watched as the blood trickled down my arm and it almost took away from the stinging sensation across my arm..

I stood up to go and put the blade back when I heard a loud knocking on my door  making me jump, i swiftly pushed my sleeve back down and placed the knife on my desk in a hurry to get to the door. I opened the door and it was Gally...being near him after all the things he had done made my chest feel tights

"sun down flora...time for the slammer." he walked away as he said this and I followed him close behind, he seemed to be annoyed at me...it wasn't my fault newt made me a runner.

"hey gally...are you mad at me?" it felt weird to ask this man who had done such horrible things to me such a weak question. He kept walking and bit his lip slightly hesitating what he should say...

"I'm not mad at you flora, I.. I'm just..I" he kept stuttering over his words until he stopped in his tracks.

"I'm mad at newt for letting you go into the maze flora, I don't want you to get hurt.." he said looking into my eyes..

I felt anger burn in my heart and he said this, if he didn't want me to get hurt then had he done all those horrible things to me.

"really? you don't want me to get hurt...how about that time you grabbed my wrist so hard I was out of work for 2 weeks gally.." we had both stopped walking now...he stared back at me and I could see the heartbreak in his eyes at my reaction. I suddenly realized I had snapped at him and felt like a horrible person, despite how much shit he had put me through I didn't want to snap at him..

"gally...I'm sorry i didn't mean to snap at you...I'm just really confused, one day your trying to make out with me..the next you're hurting me and now you're all apologetic and acting like you would rather die than see me hurt..you've got to understand from my perspective how confusing that is gally." as I spoke I hadn't realized gally hadn't broken our eye contact yet...suddenly a familiar voice appeared behind me

"flora can we talk for a second"

it was Newt, he seemed confused as to what was happening between me and gally right now and he looked pissed. He started to walk over to gally and before he could start anything I stopped him.

"newt go back to your hut, he's just taking me to the slammer" he looked at me shocked at my reaction, he walked closer to me but I walked away..gally following behind me.

                                  ~

Newt had now gone back to his hut and we were now standing outside my slammer for the night, I was just about to get inside when I felt gallys hand on my upper arm..

"flora..I just wanted to apologize I know what I did was wrong and I know you won't forgive me for what I did...I have no reason for i did those things to you...I just hate this hostile energy between us...and im not asking to be friends but could we start fresh?"

I looked at him and thought for a second..

"I like that idea...hi I'm flora" I said giving my hand out to him, he shook it and chuckled a tiny bit.

"nice to meet you flora, I'm gally...now get in the slammer shuckhead" he said elbowing me slightly.

I laughed at this and lowered myself into the slammer with a little help from gally. He left after he had tied down the slammer leaving me in the freezing cold...i had underestimated how cold it would be and immediatly regretted only wearing one layer..

I sat againt the wall of the slammer shivering from the cold trying to rub my hands together to create warmth.

A few hours later it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything, my hands felt numb from how cold it was and I could feel my eyes giving up on me..I felt myself getting lightheaded and decided to lay down...second later everything went black.

A/N: omg I actually posted another chapter??? who am I HAHA

also is anyone interested in me adding smut into this story??