Chapter 26 | life or death

A/N: umm all I can say is I'm very sorry for the next few chapters..

"wait, what.." Thomas said in the most idiotic voice ever I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, my laugh immediatly stopped as I looked at minho who was sat down head in hands, next to alby who seemed lifeless.

Me and Thomas walk over to alby and kneel beside him, observing everything, he had a graze on his head and a larger wound on his chest. I got closer to him to see how much damage had occurred, and when I lifted his shirt I could see he had been stung..

"what happened to him?" thomas asked looking at me, I looked up at him confused.

"what does it look like..he got stung." I said glancing over to Minho who looked as if he was holding back tears.

"what happened to his head?" thomas asked, I glanced at him and gave him a look to tell him to stop talking and motioned at Minho, he looked and finally he saw that Minho had no hope for us.

"I did what I had to do." the boy said before standing up facing away from us slightly. We all stood in silence for a little bit when all of a sudden we hear a griever screeching in the distance, followed by the maze rumbling.

"uh, okay help me get him up" I said to the boys, thomas obliged and put one arm over his shoulder, whilst Minho stared at us annoyed.

"We gotta go. The maze is already changing.." he said about to walk off, I saw the anger rise in thomas as he got up and walked over to Minho.

"Hey Minho." thomas said in a louder voice than usual, Minho stopped in his tracks and turned to face us.

"we can't just leave him here.. " I added to the conversation.

~

After a bit of convincing we persuaded Minho to help us hide Alby from the grievers, he wasn't very happy about the idea and we could tell me was hiding his fear with sarcasm. We dragged his body somewhere and placed him on the floor, Minho had started pacing the area.

"come on we gotta go guys." Minho said trying to grab Thomas's arm.

"minho we've gotta hide Alby-" thomas tried to explain but got cut off by Minhk grabbing his shirt and pushing his againt thr maze walls slightly.

"Listen to me, shuck- face, all right? Take a look around. There's nowhere to go." he let go of the boy and stood up shaking his head.

"you don't get it. we're already dead" the voice yelled, I stare at them both in shock listening to the maze walls rumble again, I look at the wall infront of us and notice it was covered in thick vines, easily able to hold albys body weight. I stood up quickly and walked past both the boys, there eyes now following me, I walk over to the vines, I turn around and look at the boys raising an eyebrow and Minho answered me with the sassiest look ever.