Chapter 22 | gown

About an hour had passed when I heard the door to my room opening, I put my book to the side and looked up and saw newt and Matthew walking into the room.

"hey flora, how you been?" Matthew said smiling, I couldn't believe how much healthier he was now, I guess they could say the same about me though, newt placed a bowl of pasta next to me and I looked up and him smiling before I answered Matthew.

"yeah, no I'm fine now...just a few crazy days, I'm glad you're all good now it was horrible seeing you like that Matthew"

as I said this I pulled my sleeve down and put it under a blanket I had laid on my body, Matthew and newt stayed in my room with me as I ate some pasta and they had brought there lunch aswell and we talked about our days and all what I had been doing all day

"I was walking back to my room earlier after Jeff and Clint sent me back and I saw gally...its fine though they finished for the day and I'll be allowed out at the end of the day anyway its really no big deal.."

Matthew and newt looked at me confused wether I was being serious.

"are you sure..I can ask for gally not to be apart of this project love its simple really"

as much as I hated gally I didn't want him getting in trouble for simply looking at me, I denied newts offer and he slyly rolled his eyes.

                                    ~

The boys had been in my room for about 50 minutes now and I was still fully under my blanket apart, I was starting to get hot so I sat up a bit and took the blanket off, newt looked at my clothes and he must've noticed I wasn't wearing my gown anymore..

"why did you get changed flora? the gowns are so comfy, I would die to wear one of those again.." Matthew asked, he clearly had a deep love towards them, they were super comfortable in his defence, but they were short sleeves and after my slip up earlier I couldn't let them see

"oh I...was too hot in it, plus I'm not sick anymore didn't feel right wearing it.." as I explained newt nodded at me squinting his eyed a tiny bit making his face all scrunched up.

"you were hot so you went for a long sleeved shirt? that doesn't make any bloody sense.." he said rubbing his chin, he looked at me and raised a brow a bit but I looked away from his gaze

As the tension in the room grew, Jeff entered breaking the silence

"I come baring great news, flora you're free to go now whenever you want, you won't start work again until tommorow but apart for that you are no longer under our care, enjoy" and with a small nod he left the room shutting the door.

I was so excited to finally leave the room and got out of bed and went to grab some of my belongings, I looked down at the floor and saw the hospital gown I had been wearing earlier, but this time a slight red stain was on it, my eyes shot open when I saw it and I immediately knew I had forgotten to clean the blood after I cut myself earlier, I must've put the gown on the blood by accident.

I quickly grabbed the gown screwing it into a ball and hiding in inside the other belongings.

Newt walked me over to my hut, it was a colder day today and I actually felt like a jumper mightve been needed. When we got to my hut I put all my belongings on my bed and went and grabbed a black hoodie.

"love why don't you go have a shower or something, you know relax a bit?" newt asked me generously, I loved the idea and went and turned the shower on I got some fresh clothes and went and had a small shower.

                                      ~

When I got out I towel dried my hair a bit and left it down, I grabbed a black tracksuit and threw it on. I picked my clothes up and went to put them in my washing basket, when I left the bathroom I walked over to my washing basket to put my clothes in and I saw the hospital gown..no longer scrunched up in a ball, I looked up and saw newt standing near my bed.

"love.." he began

A/N: A bit of a shorter chapter today, sorry I'm just really unmotivated 💗

I will try to post more tommorow!!