chapter 3 | attitude

Me and newt arrived by the food stand and got what seemed go be some mashed potato's and some veg, there was also a small portion of some meat I wasn't sure what it was though.

                                   ~

Newt spotted a small bench where minho sat all alone,I noticed the builders that shouted at me earlier and I felt nervous but we decided to join minho and ignore the builders

"oh hey flora! newt told me what happened earlier.. are you feeling better now?"

my heart sunk into my chest and I held back the tears. I hesitated for a second then gave a fake smile to the runner.

"yes I'm good thank you.."

newt must've noticed, when we were eating out dinner he whispered to me,"are you sure you're okay?" I smiled at him, "I'm okay thank you."

                                    ~

We had all eaten our dinner and got up to return our plates to the kitchen, We all walked over to frypan and thanked him giving him our plates after. We talked for a bit but I obviously felt tired my eyes felt heavy and I yawned covering my mouth hoping no one would notice as I was having fun.

"you're tired flora, let me take you to my hut." newt said in a caring voice.

"no I'm okay really i-" I got interrupted by another yawn and laughed a bit.

"come on love, let's get you to bed."

I sighed sarcastically and as we got up to go to bed minho shouted something loud enough for most of the glade to hear.

"GOODNIGHT LOVEBIRDS!!" minho said chuckling to himself, he clearly found himself hilarious, Me and newt clearly embarrassed didn't speak again whilst we walked over to his hut.

"I'll wait outside." newt said looking down.

"okay ill only be a minute," with that I went inside and got out some of newts clothes and got changed into them. " you can come in now newt!" Newt walked in and laughed when he saw I was wearing his clothes again, I chuckled slightly, "I don't have any other clothes newt" He looked me up and down quickly and then grabbed some clothes to get some clothes to get changed.

we both were ready for bed and I got into his bed, he went to sleep on the floor , I hesitated asking him to come sleep with me as I was still scared of the nightmare I had yesterday, i started biting my nails, it was a bad habit i did when i was worried or focused. Newt obviously spotted the worry on my face. "you okay flora? you look scared?' he looked at me worried.

"uh-h I'm fine" I mumbled under my breath, newt could see I was lying and got up and sat next to me on the bed. He looked into my eyes and we made eye contact, my cheeks got a small red tint to them whenever we made eye contact.

"flora you can talk to me.. whats really the matter because I know you aren't really fine love.."

my heart beated.. he could tell I was lying
he was such a nice boy I felt myself falling for him..I was so fluttered

I sighed slightly then explained that I had a nightmare the other night about my dad abusing me as a little girl and how I harmed myself to cope with it all. I looked into newts eyes who looked very calm and without saying anything he just hugged me.

We stayed like that for a while until I told him i felt tired and was gonna go to sleep, he went to get up to go to the air mattress.

"newt..can you stay with me..?" I asked resistantly, worried he would dent my request.

'Of course I can love." he got into bed with me and we both go comfy.

"goodnight love."

"Goodnight newt."