Chapter 9 | confrontation

"oh.." was the only word I was able to get out, i felt ashamed and embarrassed at what the boys had found out, I then saw my eyes looking in the direction of the trousers folded on my desk. The trousers which contained the blade I had stolen from the med hut.

"flora, show me your wrists please" said newt in a calm voice.

"what." I replies too quickly with obvious fear in my voice.

"please love" he said whilst looking at me with concern in his eyes, I sighed and slowly rolled my sleeve up trying not to catch the cuts on my jumper sleeve and then I aimed my wrist at newt, he observed my arm with great sadness

"why do you do it love?" he looked at me and I could see the tears in his eyes.

"it makes me feel something for once.." I replied without noticing the tears streaming down my face, it was only until newt took me into a huge embrace that I noticed my tears wetting his tshirt.

He held me in his arms for a while until I had chilled out and stopped crying then he looked me in my eyes.

"please don't do this again flora, if you feel like doing it please come find me Jeff or Clint okay love?" he cupped my face at this point making eye contact with me, I nodded and gave him a small, fake smile.

~

I yawned and newt noticed immediately

"let's get you to bed flora, then in the morning I'll take you over to the med hut and clean your wrists for you, okay love?" I looked at him confused as how he knew how to clean wound and he saw my confusion.

"used to work in the medhut with Clint before I became second in command" he said giving me a small wink, I felt my cheeks turn red and then nodded answering his question we then got into bed and went to sleep.

~