38

38

Jeremiah picked Tawni and I up from the house at exactly nine-fifteen. Cody's game was going to take place somewhere here in our town where he's part of the "San Jose Earthquakes."

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe Tawni was still on the role of ignoring me and holding a grudge until we all sat down on the bleachers and she squeezed in beside me. She yanked Jeremiah's hand to give him Tommy, who was currently on my arms and pulled my ear to whisper something.

This aggressive attitude of Tawni (whispering in your ear with such urgency and the grin plastered on her face) meant that she was excited about... boys. Surprise.

"I'm so glad that we live in Cupertino," she whispers happily. I pull away from her and raise my brows.

She points at the players on the field, warming up. "Look at those hot Californian guys. They're like, Cody level hotness but ten times more," she says excitedly. I roll my eyes at her. "I thought you were going to tell me something important," I complained.

She looks at me like I'm retarded. "Um, these hot guys we're about to watch are important," she pushed. "And it's not my fault I'm single and ready to mingle. Not like someone here."

My jaw drops. "What are you implying here?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I've seen so many guys look at you longingly while we were walking here. You're just too busy being focused at nerd blonde," she sang.

"Whatever, I am single," I sassed at her. "I'm just being patient and wise."

She looks back at the players and crosses her arms. "You call that wise?" she scoffed, eyeing a player with number 21 on his jersey. "Imma go give my eyes some pleasure with these hotties."

I lean back on the bleacher and faced Jeremiah who was carrying Tom.

"You can give me Tom back. Tawni's just trying to make me drool at the players," I told him as I reach for Tom.

Jem snickered and shook his head. "This is why girls like Tawni shouldn't be brought to live games." He hands me Tom, who was giggling.

"Look! There's the manwhore!" Tawni squeals to me as she points at Cody, who was running into the field from the locker room.

Jeremiah and I look at each other for a moment, thinking the same thing: people are going to wonder who this crazy blonde girl is with and if she's crazy.

Tawni stands from the bleachers and dances this stupid happy dance of hers that looks really close to a distorted tribal dance with her hips moving from side to side and her hands shaking in the air.

"WOOOOOO! GO CODY! KICK THOSE MANCANDY'S ASSES LIKE YOU DO! MAKE THEM EAT YOUR MANWHORE DUST!!!!!!!" Tawni shouts at the top of her lungs.

In that moment, the WHOLE stadium goes quiet, even the coaches and referees with their whistles frozen into their mouths, gaped and basically everyone stares at the crazy girl standing beside me. I face-palmed myself and tried to sink deeper into the seat. Tommy squeals high and Tawni stops dancing, realizing that she just embarrassed not only her, but Jeremiah and me, who are already trying to sink deeper into the seats.

A man with a really long beard stands from his seat and hollered happily and the crowd goes wild. Everyone stood up from the bleachers and cheered louder.

Cheerleaders from below ran to the bleachers where we were, and pulls Tawni to come with them. Tawni grins wide and hollers as she runs down with the cheerleaders to help them cheer.

"I guessed Tawni never stopped her cheerleading career," Jeremiah jokes beside me.

I glare at him.