1

1
It started on a weekend in may.

My bestfriend and I went to this wild summer party together. For what, exactly?

We were looking for attention, something to take our minds off our problems. Specifically, my depression of Jeremiah Smith leaving me and traveling away from Cupertino.

The disco laser lights were hurting my eyes. "You okay?!" Jeremiah yelled through the blasting party music.

"Yeah, my eyes are just-" I didn't let myself finish. I came here with my bestfriend to party.

"Jem, let's just get drunk," I yelled back.

Jeremiah looked at me like I was crazy- for the hundredth time today if I may add- and nodded. "I want to enjoy too, Brooks," he answered. "But you know, getting drunk isn't really necessary to have a good time- oh, and going to a wild party!"

Just then some drunk dude walked in between Jem and I.

I took Jem's hand and ran towards the messy kitchen island and took a red plastic cup and filled it with shit. (Tequila, is that what you call it? I dunno.)

"Brooks, seriously?" Jem interrupted as I was squeezing lime into my cup.

"Wazz off," I laughed.

"You're doing it wrong though. You're supposed to sip the lime first then the tequila-"

"Shutup, no school stuff please!" I yelled even when I knew that it had nothing to do with school stuff.

Then I guess, we partied.

.
.
.

I was so drunk that my hands were starting to feel numb and my eyes wouldn't stop fluttering.

"Hey Brookie, you look so funny," Jem slurred.

"You look like ass," I laughed.

"Why won't you two just hook up?" My other bestfriend Tawni said. She was just as drunk as we were.

"That's a great idea," I laughed again. My throat started to hurt because I drank like at least twenty different alcohols, and plus I kept laughing for no reason.

"I don't want to hook up with my bestfriend," Jem chimed.

"Oh, right. Why do I keep forgetting Jem's a virgin?" Tawni laughed.

I clutched my stomach and continued to laugh harder. It already got to the point where I collapsed on the stained carpet of Jennifer Lugson's house.

Jennifer is going to die when she's sober enough to know that her house is wrecked because of her party.

"Quit laughing, Brooklyn. You're a virgin too," Jem defended, looking serious.

"I, on the other hand," interrupted Tawni, "hooked up with fourteen guys. I'm such a hottie."

"You're just a slut!" I squealed, not planning to stop my laughing session.

Someone grabbed both my wrists and threw me over their shoulder. "Let me go!" I laughed.

"I'll teach you to shut up," Jem muttered. He ran upstairs, my whole body rocking back and forth as he took a step higher.

We then entered a bedroom, where he laid me down a very comfortable bed. Hmm.. Comfy.

Jem locked the door and lit some scented candle just beside the bed. He left the room dark with the lights off, leaving the room dim but still visually acceptable thanks to the candle he lit.

Even when he was drunk, he's still a cheese ball.

Jem started to sneeze then he flopped into the bed next to me, him sitting while me sprawled on my stomach.

"Jeremiah, I'm waiting," I muttered.

"Did you really think I'm going to take advantage of you while you're drunk?" He asked ludicrously.

I nodded pathetically.

"Brooklyn, I told you not to get drunk."

"Well, are you sober, Mr. Smart Pants?" I teased.

"Maybe I'm a little tipsy, but I'm not drunk. I'm the designated driver, remember?" He answered.

It was silent for a minute, and in that total sixty seconds, I tried to shake the migraine of my head.

"I'm not drunk, Jeremiah," I half lied.

"Yeah, and I'm Superman," he said sarcastically.

Screw this. My bestest friend is leaving tomorrow, I'm never going to see him again.

"Jeremiah, let's do it," I told him in a serious tone.

"Why would I agree to that? You're my bestfriend." He pointed out.

"We both never experienced it, we're close, and you're leaving. I want to remember at least something special before you leave," I explained.

"No, Brooklyn."

"I understand that you're not that skinny pale kid anymore that I used to know, and with your hot appearance now, it shouldn't be hard to get you girls. But can I be your first?" I practically begged.

"You're just drunk," he sighed.

"I am. Okay, I admit it. But come on, I never had sex with anyone. If I was going to, I want it to be with you. You're the person I trust the most," I tried convincing. "Besides, you're leaving tomorrow and never coming back. There's nothing to lose."

Jem stayed silent.

"Well.. I guess a part of me also wanted you to be my first, I admit. I know it's weird knowing that we're bestfriends," he started. "And I guess there isn't anything to lose..."

"Except our virginity," I joked.

"I'm still having second thoughts, Brooks."

"Then not have second thoughts!" I cheered.

He pinched my nose and chuckled.

I sat up the bed to face him. "Bestfriends forever, Jeremiah?"

"Bestfriends," he replied. He took my face in his hands and started to kiss me passionately.

"You still sure?" He breathed in between kisses.

"Yes, Jeremiah. I want you to be my first."

-------------------
Author's note: (& probably the first and last a/n)

I wrote this first chapter a very long time ago, so if it sucked, I'm sorry lol :(

Don't worry, the others are improved mehe <3

-ellie belly