11

11
Jeremiah's POV

"Just tell her that you're an idiot and you shouldn't have fought with her before you left her to go to New York," Alida ordered, her eyes filled with determination to get the two back together.

Alida somehow found Cody and Brooklyn cute together.

I was against that.

She borrowed Cody's phone to see any pictures of Brooklyn, and somehow when she saw what Brooks looked like, she started acting strange and told Cody that he should get back to her. She surprisingly supported the "Brody" show as she would call it. "I just really think you guys would be perfect together." Blah blah.

Alida crossed her fingers as she listened to "Brody's" one-sided phone call.

"I miss you Brooks. I mean it."

"I really am sorry."

"Really? What does it look like?"

"Sky blue.. That's adorable Brooklyn."

"I can see she's more excited than you are."

Cody's eyes flashed some quick panic. He stayed quiet like Brooklyn was explaining something really controversial.

A few seconds later, it sounded like she exclaimed something through the phone and there it was. For weeks, months, I've finally heard her voice.

It sounded so familiar yet unknowing. She was saying something like, "what do i do" or something that sounded like that.

Cody nodded even when he was aware that Brooklyn couldn't see the movement.

"She wants you to move?"

"Don't ask me.. It all depends on you."

Cody flashed a smirk.

"Well you do know baby, even if you move away to another town, I'll still go after you."

"Aren't they adorable!" Alida squealed. The waitress finally placed our food on the table, and I had to pretend that I was interested in the food that was being served in front of me. Just when I thought she was gonna leave, she faced me and smiled, shining all that glimmering white teeth at me.

"I'm Brenda," she greeted. "If you need anything, just call me." She walked away from our table, swaying her hips exaggeratedly. Her black micro mini and fishnet leggings looking unusually noticeable.

Alida coughed.

Shit. She caught me staring at the waitress' legs.

"You're checking her out. Amazing." Alida scowled at me.

"I wasn't. I was just observing-"

"Brooklyn, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be alright. Senior year is memorable. It'll be fun," Cody said into his phone.

"It's fine. You're hot anyway so you won't have any trouble."

"Let's eat. Time to hang up, Codes," I ordered. Please just stop talking to her.

"Okay gotta go. Boy fiancé here wants me to eat already," Cody laughed.

"Who? Who else do you think? Our Jeremiah of course."

I stilled. I suddenly couldn't move.

"Okay...? You sound quiet." Cody pulled the phone away from his ear to check if he was still on the line with Brooklyn. When he saw that he still was, he placed it back on.

"I gotta go though. Goodnight.. Oh sorry. Good afternoon. Okay. Miss you. Bye." Cody finally hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket. He started digging in with the food together with Alida. I just couldn't move.