6

6

Cody managed to get by.

Well, after like, a week. His excuse was that he wasn't ready to this whole pregnancy thing of mine and that he needed to have some space.

Tawni slapped the back of his head for that.

Of course, I knew deep down that it wasn't really my pregnancy that bothered him.. It was the fact that there was some guy-who wasn't Cody-that actually managed to get close to me in an intimate way.

After a while, everything did get back to normal, exclude my constant vomiting, extremely bizarre cravings and paleness, of course.

"Guys, tonight's the engagement party. I want you guys to look fancy!" Tawni said, visualizing what her engagement party was going to be.

Apparently, with this whole pregnancy thing going on, I completely forgot about it.

"Wait, so did Ivan really rent that whole restaurant for the engagement party?" Cody asks again in disbelief.

"Look, do you want a punch?" Tawni threatened.

Cody's eyes went wide and shook his head. "I thought Brooks was the pregnant one.." He muttered.

That offended me. "What's that supposed to mean!"

Tawni simultaneously said, "What is your problem!"

Cody raised his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, I'm sorry, geez. Y'all need to calm down," he mumbled.

"Well, I'm just so stressed with the whole engagement party! I mean, while my parents are coming, Ivan's cant because their schedule is occupied!" Tawni ruffled her blonde hair.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure that's bad, but I guess I gotta go. I need to get ready for this fancy engagement party of yours," Cody said as he stood up from the couch beside me. "Unless I don't want my ass kicked."

"You better be! The party starts at seven sharp! Don't be fucking late if you don't want your ass kicked!" Tawni yelled for no particular reason.

I thought I was the pregnant one with raging hormones.

"That's what I just said," Cody frowned. He bent and kissed my forehead.

"Bye bee."

"Bee?" I asked him in confusion.

"You know, because baby and Brooklyn starts with b," he explained obviously.

"Oh," I laughed.

Before he could even stand up straight, I stood from the couch as well and shoved his chest.

"Wha?" Cody muttered.

I ran towards the bathroom at the end of the hall.

"She's just having her daily vomits," Tawni told Cody nonchalantly.

I entered the bathroom kneeled in front of the toilet, my eyes stinging already.

I started to puke my whole breakfast to lunch consumption, and wow.

All I can say is, this is one of the worst parts of becoming a mother.

.
.
.

A few hours later, Cody held my hand as we walked together towards the double doors of Dulce de Café and Restorante.

We looked around the place, and we literally needed to have a double take because it was amazing. Golden banners are strewn at the center of the room saying, "Congratulations, Ivan and Tawni for your engagement!"