10

10

"Are you even strong enough to lift that box?" Tawni placed a demanding hand on her hip and rolled her eyes at me.

Tawni and Ivan arrived a week later after Cody and I had a falling out, and guess what: not only did she find an almost perfect wedding catering, but she brought home some baby equipments and essentials. She was so way ahead with the parenting.

I attempted to lift the box with my arms when it fell on the floor with a loud thud.

"Brooklyn!" Tawni exclaimed. "That box has the baby crib parts! Don't you dare break it! That costs a thousand!"

"Technically," I breathed. "Ivan bought all baby equipments with his own money. Not you."

"Still," Tawni huffed. "I have a right to scold you when you break something."

I rolled my eyes at her and walked away from the living room. I entered the extra room we had in the apartment that served as a "room for all abandoned furniture" but is now being renovated as my baby's room.

The walls were a dull gray color (because the room was old and unused) and the floor was dusty. Tawni pushed me aside as she entered the room and stacked the box on top of another that was already piled in the middle of the room.

"Well, there's the crib and the table and another table to place the baby milk and bottles-"

"Tawni, do you think I'm stupid?"

She looked at me ludicrously and laughed. "Yes, but I love you."

"I'm seventeen and pregnant," I said as I unconsciously rubbed my stomach. "I'm definitely more than stupid."

She sighed and scowled at me. "Not this conversation again."

"Never mind. Let's just bring all the boxes in here."

"Pssh, yeah, right. Like you're helping me carry boxes." She made a "tsk" sound and crossed her arms over her chest. "Where the heck is a man when we need one? I mean, where is Cody Jacobs?"

I ignored her and pretended to look interested in a stack of boxes.

"Brooks, I know that look. Are you hiding something from me?" She placed yet again another demanding hand on her hip.

"I'm not hiding anything. The fact that you and Ivan were away looking for a catering service basically meant that I was all alone with Cody," I shrugged. "It's just that.. Cody and I fought. Not even really fought but you know.. Maybe a little debate was made?"

"Oh, Brooklyn. Stupid little you." She shook her head.

I raised my hands up in surrender.

"Well then, if we have no other guy to help us carry boxes and renovate this room into a bright baby friendly one, then I suggest I should start now."

"Don't forget about me," Ivan cuts in.

"Baby!" Tawni squealed. She ran towards her fiancé with open arms, disregarding her outfit covered in dust.

They hugged and soon they both started on renovating the room. Tawni assembling the baby crib's parts and Ivan trying to paint the blunt walls.

Me, doing my "special" part, meant I was forced to stay inside my bedroom beside the room they were fixing on to stay out of their way.

.
.
.

Jeremiah's POV

I held up a sign that says "ugliest manwhore in the world," despite receiving a lot of critic and disturbed looks from strangers passing by.