Déjà vu.

"Okay" he said with an evil smile.

————————

Ashley's POV

I stood with the girls, my eyes staring daggers at Tom. I was beyond furious. All I wanted to do was hit and yell at him, but I held myself back. How could he just put me up for grabs like I was nothing? I was so stupid for thinking he was different. I looked to Bill who seemed to be just as angry and shocked as I was. I gave him a look of despair as he turned to me. His eyes softened as he mouthed 'I'm sorry'. I lowered my head and turned away before feeling Laurens hand grab my arm.

"Where are you going?" she said softly, trying to give me a comforting smile.

I didn't reply, I simply shook my head lightly and began to make my way through the crowd. I shoved my way through before making it to the outskirts. I took a seat on the sidewalk, my knees tucked to my chest. I stared out into the night as everyone went about their business before I started to hear the crowd shuffle around. I turned my head to see everyone preparing for the race. I took a deep breath and stood up. I brushed my legs off and straightened up my dress before beginning to walk towards everyone. I stood on the side next to the start line when I saw Jai's car pulling up closer to the start line. I was really considering getting in the car with him, just to piss Tom off. I stood with my arms crossed as Tom's car pull up beside me.

"Get in" Tom said through the open window. I turned my head away from

"Ashley" I heard a voice, I looked up and tried to search of the voice. "Quickly" Bill said as he waved me over.

I laughed lightly and walked around Toms car. I opened the door to Bills car and quickly jumped in. I turned to Bill who gave me a comforting smile while he tilted his head. I could feel the tears start to well up in my eyes as he rubbed my arm trying to comfort me. I turned my head and watched as the other cars pulled up, and the betters throwing duffle bags of money on the floor. I rested my head on the window as I tried to keep my emotions together. Shortly the girl with the flags stood Infront of the cars. She widely grinned and started to raise her flags.

"3" she shouted as I turned to Bill and rolled my eyes.

"2" she shook her hips.

"1" she swung the flags down.

Bill switched gears and flew forward. I turned my head and watched as Jai's and Tom's car sped forward. Bill started to slow down, and I turned to face him.

"What are you doing?" I said low, as I looked at him confused.

"I don't feel like losing again" he laughed. It fell silent for a moment.

"Let's hope Tom wins" I laughed lightly, trying to make it less awkward.

"He's a fucking idiot" Bill scoffed as he looked at me.

"I know" I said looking out the window at Tom and Jai's car far ahead.

I felt the car swing left, I looked to Bill who smiled. I smiled back at him, knowing he trying to make me feel better.

"Where are we going?" I smiled as I became less nervous.

"I don't know?" he laughed as we drove the opposite way of the race. "A little detour" he continued.

We drove fast around the city, the crowd nowhere to be seen. I watched the lights flashed as we drove fast past them. The car was silent, but it was peaceful through the night. I tried to get Toms words out of head, hoping to forget them, but I couldn't. I was angrier at myself than anything. I really couldn't believe that let everything he had done to me go, just for him to treat me like this. I let myself believe he had changed.