I'm stuck here

I doubt it was Ashley but the thought of her doing this really turns me on.

————————

Bills POV –

I watched as Tom left. I didn't know where he was going but I couldn't care less. My heart hurt for Ashley. She had no Idea what had happened to Melissa or what she did. I didn't want to tell her, but I knew someone had to. The poor girl had finally gotten away but ended up back at square one. It was my fault, and I carried the weight of it.

I got up from the couch and slowly started to walk up the stairs. My eyes began to water as I got closer and closer to the door. I really didn't want to break it to her, but I knew I had to. They had been best friends for years and she deserved to know. I slowly opened the door to see Ashley bundled up in the corner of the bed. She sat herself up as I stood in the doorway.

"Bill?" Ashley said softly. I walked closer to the bed and sat down next to her as she looked at me confused.

"I don't know how to tell you this" I croaked holding back the tears in my eyes. I was about to tell her I killed her best friend. Ashley sat up placing her hands in her lap. She began to twirl the blanket through her fingers as tears started to fall from her eyes.

"She's dead, isn't she?" Ashley stuttered looking up into my eyes. I didn't know what to say. I moved closer and held her into my arms as she sobbed.

"Ashley" I said low as I ran my hand through her hair trying comfort her. "I'm so sorry".

"Who did it" she asked as she slowly sat
up. "Bill?" she added.

"It was me Ashley... but I did it to keep us out of danger." I said as I grabbed her hands and held them in mine. She stared into my eyes in hatred, and it broke me. 

"Why Bill" she cried as she shoved my
chest "Why?".

"Ashley" I said grabbing her arms trying to calm her down. "Just listen to me." I said as she started to relax herself.

"She had been seeing Chase this whole time. I overheard her on the phone with him late one night, planning to kill all of us, including you. I didn't want it to be true, I didn't want to kill her, but it was the safest thing. I'm so sorry Ashley, but if I had just let it go you wouldn't be here."

Ashley started to cry as I held her once again. I felt her head shake against my chest. "It's not true Bill" she cried. "Stop lying".

"I'm sorry Ashley" I replied. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

We sat in Toms bed as she cried. I held her tight as she let all her emotions free. I felt horrible.

Toms POV –

I walked around the house, seeing the mess of blood and dead bodies. I couldn't help but wonder if Ashley had done this. I searched around quietly in case someone was still here, being sure not to drop my guard. I crossed the kitchen seeing an empty bottle of alcohol and pizza box on the table, but still, no one in sight. I made my way into the bathroom and noticed blood-soaked clothes on the floor. I grinned to myself as I noticed they were Ashley's. It didn't matter to me whether it was her blood or someone else's, it exited me. After fully searching the house and realising everyone was dead, even Chase, I made my way out of the house and back to my car. The whole drive home my mind spun. Maybe I did underestimate Ashley.

...

I walked through the front door and made my way upstairs. My bedroom door was slightly open. I flung the door open to see Bill holding Ashley in his arms. A wave of anger rushed over me.

"What the fuck is this?" I yelled as they both turned to my direction.

"Nothing" Bill said as he franticly pushed Ashley off him.