Strangers

I was about to get out of bed when Cedric called out. "No, get back down."

"Ced, I need to help."

"The hell you do." He huffed and came over, sitting down next to me. "The moment you step out of this room before mid-day, you'll be right send back to bed."

"Honestly, I'm fine." I tossed the duvet off me. Cedric just leaned over and covered me again.

"Winnie." He said softly, his eyes pleading. "You almost died just a few days ago. I-" He took in a deep breath and closed his eyes. "I can't lose you."

I felt a pang of guilt and reached out to cup his cheek. "You won't." I whispered. "If you're sure they don't need me, I'll stay in bed." Cedric opened his eyes and gave me a little smile. "But I will need breakfast."

"On it." He leaned forward to capture my lips before he darted out of the room.

It was the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding, you could hear the others walking and talking around the house trying to get everything ready. Fleur and Remus told me what they had to do to save me life. And after they had left, I looked at the scar on my stomach. A frown appeared when it didn't go away like I wanted. She asked Fleur about it the next day, she explained it that because it was dark magic, the scar will most likely never disappear, not even with her Metamorphmagus. Cedric rarely left my side, and I was restricted to bedrest for the last few days. Only being able to go to the bathroom (with help), the bedroom, the living room and the kitchen. Bash and Charlie managed to get back the day after when they heard what happened. The both of them were like to guard dogs positioned at my bed most of the day. I was happy that Molly had ushered them to help with the preparations. The only two who I haven't spoken to since the attack was Bill and George...

I conjured the small mirror from the cupboard and started to chance my hair and gave a little colour to my cheeks. Because ever since the internal bleeding, I looked peckish, not completely replenished. I just changed my hair in a ash-blonde bob with soft waves when a soft knock came on the door.

"Come in." I called out and sent the mirror back to its place. The door creaked open and a familiar redhead poked his head in. "Hey, stranger."

"Hey." George pushed the door further open but lingered in the doorway.

"Are you just going to stand there or come in?" I chuckled and I pushed myself a little straighter on the bed, with just a tiny, little wince. George shot me a smile that didn't reach his eyes, but he came in anyways, his worried look on me as he closed the door behind him. He walked over slow and stopped next to my bed, his hands on his back as he rocked on his heels. "How- how are you?"

George let out a dray chuckle. "I'm fine, I should be the one asking you that."

I shook my head slightly. "No, I've had enough people hovering over me already."

"I got mum." He stated, a real but small smile appeared. "She's ten times worse then everyone here."

"Have you met Bash?" I laughed and George chimed in. Then it hurt, with a wince and a curse, I looked down, my brows knit together. George was next to me in a second, his arm around my shoulders.

"Guinevere..."

"I'm fine." I mumbled, my eyes closed. "Just a little sting." George kept rubbing my back softly until I looked back up. "Thanks."

"Anytime." He murmured, not stopping his movements. "Does it still hurt a lot?"

"Does it with you?" I couldn't help but counter.