Hogsmeade

It's been almost a month since school started and the free periods weren't for hanging around, I had spent a lot of my time in the library with Cedric or even with George for our Alchemy homework. I remembered Cedric wanted to talk to me about something, but every time I brought it up, he waved it off and I let it drop and went on about my business.
Things between me and the twins changed too, although Fred still flirted with me during Herbology or when we passed it each other in the castle, it wasn't as prominent as it was before. Not that I minded, I liked Fred but with him backing off a bit, Cedric wasn't glaring at him all the time. George on the other hand was still his flirty, charming self but he toned it down whenever Cedric was around, but during Alchemy he let is all loose. We grew close over the past weeks; we were becoming great friends as we learned more about each other each day.

Abbo just let us out of class and we made our way back to the great hall.

I was walking on the stone benches in the corridor as George walked next to me, so for once I was taller than him. George was explaining the puking pastilles when I nearly tripped on a loose stone and grabbed George's shoulder to steady myself.

"Hop on." He grinned, looking over his shoulder.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Well, first of all, you nearly fell headfirst on the stone floor; second, it's the end of the week and you've been studying non-stop and third... It's your birthday tomorrow, you can't walk around with a huge bump on your head or even worse, lying in the hospital wing for the weekend."

"Alright, fine." I laughed and hopped on his back. My arms circled around his neck, and he hitched his arms around my legs. I unwittingly rest my head in the crook of his neck, making George ears turn red.

"Ready, queen Guinevere?"

"Ready." I whispered in his neck, feeling him shiver. He laughed as he started to gallop towards the great hall, making me laugh loudly as we entered. The heads in the great hall all turned to the laughing duo as we entered. He slowly lowered me to the ground and turned to look at me.

"Seems we gathered a crowd." He grinned. I looked past him and saw the eyes on us before I looked back up to George.

"Seems so." I smiled. "I'll see you later, George."

"Wait." He gently grabbed my elbow before I could leave and leaned down to whisper in my ear. "Tomorrow, Gryffindor common room. We're having a party."

I pulled back and looked at his mischievous smile, the twinkle in his eyes ever so present. "On my birthday?"

"Just coincidence." He shrugged trying to act nonchalant.

I bit my lip as I looked at him. "Hmm, right. What time?"

"It starts at 8. You can bring some Hufflepuffs if you want, it's not an exclusive Gryffindor party."

"Great." I smiled and leaned on my toes to kiss his cheek lightly, making him blush. I loved that I was able to make a Weasley twin blush, my smile wide as I headed to the Hufflepuff table. George stood there for a moment, still feeling my lips against his cheek before he shook his head and dropped down next to his grinning twin.

I sat down on the Hufflepuff table and nodded my head at Drake who sat a few seats from me. When I started to fill my plate, Cedric sat down next to me, while Lyra and Odin sat across from us.

"How was Alchemy?"

"Brutal." I groaned as I took a goblet filled with pumpkin juice. "Oh." I turned excitingly to Cedric. "George invited us to a party tomorrow night."