73| A friend In Need

Senna was gulping down his glass of water when he heard the thud of boots coming from the steps before him. And when he looked up, he saw Trey approaching him, his hands bandaged and hanging in the air. Senna cleared his throat softly and shifted in his seat.

He suddenly felt hot, so he pulled at his buttons and popped two open before leaning back into his seat. He forced a smile that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. Trey wasn't smiling at him, and Senna knew he deserved it.

Standing to his feet, Senna nodded once. "Hey, man."

Trey scoffed and grabbed a glass of water from the counter close to him. "Hey, man? It's good to see that you finally see me as one of your own."

"Trey, I know I..."

"You're not one to explain, Senna," Trey laughed bitterly. "Why are you doing that now?"

"Because I know I offended you. I hurt you, and I didn't trust you. It's a shitty thing to do."

Trey shrugged. "We all do shitty things, don't we?"

He sighed and nodded. "Yes, we do. But what I did was worse than shitty. I don't know why I believed everyone over you. You've been with me from the beginning, and I should have made findings before pointing an accusing finger at you. I should have done a whole lot of things right before deciding to lock you up and tear the truth out of you."

"I told you there was nothing to tell," Trey took a seat. "But it's fine. I'm past that."

"Are you?" Senna asked, sounding unsure.

Trey chuckled. "Would you rather I told you the truth? I know why you're here, Senna. Jason ran away with Balia, so you must need my help."

Senna closed his eyes and sighed. "Yes, it's one of the reasons. I also came here to apologize—"

"Because you needed my help. Would you have apologized if you didn't?"

Senna closed his eyes. "Yes, I would have. You're the only one I trust."

"Not Rocco? Not Elios?"

Senna sighed. "I don't trust them as much as I do you. Besides, there's something off about Rocco."

"I didn't realize you were going to see it this late. Well, you still saw it."

"Rocco?"

Trey scoffed. "Tell me why you are here."

"I need your help, Trey. I do." Senna began. "Balia is missing, and I don't trust him not to bring harm to her. I don't know how he was able to convince her. I know they are siblings, and I ran a quick background check to see if they were never on good terms. So he must have lured her with a promise."

"What else do you think? Do you think he appeared only to save his sister, or is there something else he came for?"

Senna couldn't think of anything, so he shook her head. Trey pushed to his feet. "Well, we will have to find out. Because I don't believe he only came for his sister."

"Balia is far more important right now," Senna stood to his feet and went to stand before Trey. "I don't think she's safe with him. He's going to hurt her, and I don't think I'll forgive myself if anything happens to her."

Trey's eyes narrowed into slits. "So you care about her now? I thought you didn't. She was just your sex slave, right?"

Senna's fists clenched, but it wasn't directed at what Trey had just said. He was extremely mad that Trey was telling the truth. He had hidden under the guise of her being nothing but just someone to satisfy his sexual desires. At first, it sounded ridiculous to Trey. After hearing how she had returned to the mansion with him, Trey thought it was a stupid story, but he said nothing about it.

He was bringing a woman back to your home because she refused to apologize? If that wasn't next-level attraction, Trey had no idea what it was.

"I'll always help you, Senna. I want you to know that. Though I owe you one for what you put me through because you believed I had a thing to do with Diablo's attacks."

"I know an apology won't do anything, so that I won't do any of that."

Cleopatra entered the room right in time for Trey to speak to her.

"Honey, I won't be home tonight. I'm leaving right now with Trey."

She pulled him to the side with a stern look. "Look at you, all injured. You can't possibly mean that."

Trey sighed. "I do mean it. I will be back, I promise. There is an emergency threatening Senna's chance at love again."

Cleopatra's eyes fled to where Senna stood, looking down at the window as he slipped his hand into his pocket. She looked back at Trey and sighed.

"You both should be careful. Especially you, Trey."

He cupped her cheeks and kissed her on the lip. "I'll be back before your appointment at the hospital."

"You know I can do it myself, honey. You don't have to worry yourself, okay? I'll be fine, I promise."

Trey nodded and gave her one last kiss before leaving the house with Senna.

The drive back to the mansion was filled with calls, deliberations, and brainstorming. Senna was glad to have his friend back, as he had missed him so much. He also learned his lesson, never to jump to conclusions. Never make a rash decision that involves his friend.

When they returned to the mansion, three guards gathered in front of the porch. Senna climbed out of his car with a frown and walked over to the men. "What is going on here?"

The men all turned to face him. The one standing in the middle stepped out. He had an envelope in his hand. He handed it over to Senna.

"It was found in the mailbox."

Senna looked down at the paper, wondering who still sent emails when they could text.

Sighing, he broke off the seal and extracted the light paper slip from the envelope.

You must be searching for her now, I know. I have her, Senna. She's a beautiful one, but I will only let her go on one condition.

Swear your allegiance to me, make everything that is your mine, and I'll think about getting her released.

Diablo.