88| Senna's Conquest.

Senna tied up Diablo's body. Gunshots filled the air, and Senna knew his men were having a battle with Diablo's men.

"Your men don't know when to give up," Senna muttered under his breath as he began to pull Diablo's weakened body against the ground. He dumped him behind one of the containers and crouched to his level. "What are your last words before you die?"

"Fuck you!" Diablo snapped. Senna burst into laughter. "I should have killed you when I had the chance. I should have killed her when I had the chance, too."

Senna sent a blow flying into Diablo's cheek. A blob of saliva dripped from his mouth as his neck whipped to the side. "And yet, you didn't. You have a penchant for keeping people alive so you can torture them, right? You don't ever think of the consequences, do you?"

LDiablo leaned to the side, and Senna smiled. "Maybe I do, and maybe I don't. But it doesn't matter in the end. What matters is that I have you here now, and I will not hesitate. No, I won't make life miserable for you like you have done mine. I won't hesitate to kill you after I have made you suffer for a short while."

   "Why don't you kill me now? What's the need of making me suffer if it will only be for a while?"

   "Your legacy? I will ruin it." Senna replied, evil creeping into his voice. He straightened and slipped his phone out of his pocket, tapping on the camera icon and making a video. "By the time I am done, these videos will be edited and sent to everyone in the Mafia world. Your name will be shamefully brought to the ground, and all you will be remembered of is your fucking downfall. Do you see how easy that is? How mind-boggling is it to die, knowing that you never lived to influence anyone positively? That your name was dragged into the mud after all you did to torment other mafia groups because you had the power to? Well, Diablo, today is your fucking end."

Senna ended the video and slipped his phone back into his pocket. He was really weak by now, knowing that he had lost so much blood. But it had Bebe compressed, and he knew he could go on for another hour.

   He walked towards Diablo and grabbed him roughly by the arm. "You can't do this to me!" He snapped, trying hard to move out of Senna's hold. But he was too weak to keep fighting. Senna dragged him over the ground, his skin tearing as it came in contact with the floor. Senna kept limping, drawing out his gun, when one of Diablo's men stepped out of the corner and made the shot.

   But Senna was faster than him, pulling his trigger and shooting at his head. The man dropped dead with a heavy thud, and Senna continued to pull Diablo, briefly stopping for a moment to pick up the dead man's gun.

   He took out his gun when he got to where the battle raged. He began to make videos. "As you can see, there is a gun battle between my men and that of Diablo's, and from the looks of it, he's not winning. Today marks the end of his reign. Over here, Sam!" He called out to one of his men, who hurried towards him.

   He dropped Diablo and gestured to Gin as he continued to make the video. "Take him to my car and tie him to the back. Make sure he's tightly suspended. We're about to shoot an action movie."

   Sam got to work. He began to pull Diablo towards Senna's car, and he made sure he captured this. There was a likelihood of this blowing up so bad it turned into a popular movie.

   Senna watched with grim satisfaction as his men finished Diablo's men off. They were getting weaker now that their boss had been subdued. Nothing made Senna happier than that.

   By the time Sam returned, the gunshots had reduced, and his men were carrying a few of their wounded partners.

   "It is done."

   Senna nodded and walked over to his car. He handed his phone over to Sam. "Record everything I am about to do. Make sure you leave no part out. Get that?"

   Sam nodded and stepped back as Senna climbed into his car. Diablo's arms were tied to each side of the car's trunk, and he was extremely weak, his eyes opening and closing weakly as he tried hard to breathe. 

   His engine revved up, and white smoke emanated from the exhaust pipes. A few of his men turned in the direction, and seeing that Sam had Senna's phone, they did the same. He kicked his accelerator and began to drive around the open space, slow at first before he picked up speed. Diablo's body grazed the ground, his clothes charring against the ground as Senna swerved.

   Not even his screams stopped Senna as he was ready to maim him to death. He kept kicking his gas and increasing his speed, and soon, the grounds were filled with blood. Diablo screamed till he was too weak to, and Senna's men cheered and chanted his name aloud. He used rage and anger. The desolation Diablo had brought to his family years ago, the people he had manipulated and used. The innocent people he had killed, and he didn't stop until thirty minutes later.

   Diablo was dead when he stepped out of the car, and Senna's men rushed towards him, standing over Diablo's dead body as he kicked him to the side and nodded in satisfaction.

   He was really weak now, but he was happy. So happy that he had finally been able to kill this man. He had Balia to thank for this day, and even if she was greatly wounded, he owed her a great appreciation.

   Sighing, he ordered his men to take care of the body or, rather, leave it on the streets for anyone related to him to carry. It was going to serve as a warning to others who wanted to tamper with him.

   Someone must have posted the videos of him torturing Diablo because as soon as Sam handed his phone over, it began to ring.

   It was the state's attorney. Senna scoffed and shook his head before picking. "You suddenly remember that I exist, Attorney Blython? To what do I owe this call?"

   "You have impressed the Senate committee finally, and they are asking you to meet up with them immediately."

   "I am seriously wounded and considering ditching this, but I'll be there in twenty minutes." The call ended, and he turned to his men. "Do the needful and go back to your homes. You can celebrate if you want. I have somewhere important to be."

   He walked back to his car and slid into it before zooming away with a smile on his face. He shook his head and laughed. This felt like a dream. I woke up to see that Balia had done this for me, knowing fully well that I had killed her parents several years ago. He was more than grateful, and he knew the rightful way to repay her. It was the main reason why he was going to the senate house.

   He called the Attorney again. "Blython, I have a juicy job for you. It should be executed in a week, and you will be getting more than enough payment. Three times of what I usually would."

   "Give me the details."

   Senna gave him the details, one hand on his steering wheel as he swerved out of the seaport area into the main road.

   He was soon in the Senate office. He wasn't surprised by the eyes on him. Whoever had posted that video online must have heard a good followership. This was definitely going to break a record on the internet and was going to be a huge warning to the others who were planning on doing this same thing.

   The meeting was brief, with most of the board members impressed and also very afraid. He liked that he gave off that aura. After what seemed to be a long meeting, he left the conference room and met up with the attorney to discuss further.

   After that, it was time for him to drive home. He couldn't wait to be by Balia's side. He had missed her terribly, and he didn't just want to go home empty-handed, so he stopped by a florist and got sweet-smelling flowers to lift her mood. Trey had called to inform him that Balia was recuperating. Her cut had been sewn up, and she had been sedated.

He drove back home with only one thing on his mind. To be with the woman who had saved him. To be with the woman he loved.

It had been a long time coming to terms with the truth, but he finally did it. He loved her more than he thought he did.