29| Not In The Mood

Balia didn't care if she was naked. She didn't care if Tina or any other person saw her naked. She walked through the door leading out of the dining room with slight difficulty, and she was sore all over.

He had handled her without minding if she enjoyed it or not, and she hadn't. Not at all. She had hated every moment of it, and she wished there was a way she could erase all of these from her head. It was going to haunt her for a while.

As she stepped onto the steps, her hand gripped the railing, and she trudged weakly up the stairs. She slipped into her room and went into the bathroom, washing herself with so much vigor. She didn't want to feel his touch on her, didn't eat to feel his scent on her skin from when he had pushed her against his skin and their sweats had mingled.

She sat on the bathroom floor as hot water from the shower poured against her skin. As soon as she was done bathing, she cleaned her body up and slipped into a pair of cotton pants and a small tube. She fell into her bed, and immediately, her head touched the pillow. He fell asleep.

••••

Balia woke up later in the evening and just in time to remember it was time for her to take her pills. She tossed over to the side of her bed and snatched the pill bottle from the bed stand. Popping the bottle open, she slipped one out and tossed it into her mouth before swallowing.

She settled back into the bed, feeling more energized after a nap. It was three o'clock, and she realized she had missed lunch. Like Tina knew she was going to wake up at that time, she slipped into the room with a tray.

"I came here about an hour ago, and you were asleep. You looked really tired, and I didn't want to disturb you." She said as she crossed over to where I lay on the bed. She pulled out a stool and placed the tray on it. "Mr. Senna wants to know if you took the pills."

Balia scoffed and picked up the pill bottle. She shook it and nodded. "Yes, I did. First thing I took when I woke up. I don't want to be pregnant with his child, remember?"

Tina nodded. She looked like she wanted to say something, but she pursed her lips. "I am aware. Here's your meal. You can join me outside after you're done eating. If you want, that is."

"I want to be in here," Balia said as she leaned over and grabbed the tray. She picked a grape and tossed it into her mouth. "I don't feel like going outside."

"That's fine. We could take a walk since Me Senna is out and unlikely to return tonight."

Balia paused. "He's not returning tonight?"

Tina nodded. "Yes, he isn't. That's why I suggest you take a walk with me. He's not going to know, trust me. I can also make his men lie when he asks."

Balia was unsure. She stared at her devices. She had thought about a relishing evening, watching movies and eating snacks. Good Lord, it was a very good thing to do. But maybe she could do it later at night before going to bed since Senna wasn't to be back till tomorrow.

"I'll think about it after lunch?" Balia suggested.

"Take your time," Tina said and pushed to her feet. "I'll be in the kitchen."

Balia nodded and concentrated on her food.

Senna had to be at the club's basement as Amanda had been 'miraculously' caught. It had slightly surprised him when Placido called to inform him that she'd be lured out of the club and ambushed.

The puppeteer wasn't as smart as Senna thought, anyway. Well, this was going to be Amanda's last night, and it didn't matter if the Puppeteer came for him right after that. He was ready to face the anonymous bastard.