93| A New Beginning

BALIA

Senna had his men drop off the luggage in my room before going to get a few things from the car trunk.

I still had the bouquet. Tina took them from me, but not after pulling me into a tight hug and shedding a few tears.

I walked into the house, noting how things had slightly changed. New decorations were up, and the house had more life to it. I smiled, happy that he wasn't home wasting away and just doing nothing.

I was standing by the window when his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me into him. He buried his head into my neck and inhaled deeply.

   "I'm happy you're back. I was afraid for most of last month."

   "Why?" The tip of my fingers brushed his knuckles softly.

   He sighed. "I thought you were going to leave me. I don't deserve you, Balia. I don't. It would help if you didn't even want me after everything that happened. I ruined your life from the onset. Why should you want to be with a man like me?"

   I twisted my body to face him. "Because I want to be? I want to be with you. I have come to terms with the fact that things don't usually go the way we plan for them to. Hell, nothing ever goes as planned, but does that make me fall into the abyss of fuck ups? I needed time away to think and come to terms with many things. I didn't need time away from you. It's why I am back. It's why I want to be with you, Senna. Everything that happened is in the past and will always remain in the past." I cupped his cheeks and stared into his eyes. "You are my home. You have brought so much peace to me. Yes, I hated you at one point because you were shitty, and things are different now, but I no longer want to leave. I am used to you. I want to be around you every fucking moment of the day, Senna. I love you."

   "I'm not trying to compete with you, Balia. But I have always cared about you since I saw you that night at the club. I was just this shitty and unhealed person at that time, not wanting to leave my past for fear of repetition. But I wanted to be around you. You messed up with my mind, and even when I tried to get over you, nothing seemed to be working. I gave you those pills, not because I didn't want you to have my child. Our child. I was afraid. Terrified of something similar happening again, of me losing you as I lost them, and when Diablo struck, I went fucking berserk. I don't even want to think about the filthy things he did to—"

   His voice broke, and I quickly cupped his cheeks. "Senna, it's in the past. Though we are not fully healed, there is hope for us both. Diablo is gone, and we have a chance to try life again. I want you to understand that, okay?" He nodded and stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Kiss me already. I've been waiting for so long."

   He lowered his head and captured my lips, his eyes fluttering close as it deepened. His hands pressed into my thighs before he lifted me off the ground and pushed me against the wall. He tasted like mint and strawberries. A combination I didn't know was going to be this beautiful. My arms tightened around his neck, and I didn't pull away, not even when I heard footsteps behind us.

   Senna took me up to his room and tore my clothes off my body, and soon enough, we were in his bed, legs tangled around sheets as he peppered soft kisses down my body.

   He was so gentle. So gentle that I felt tears brim at the back of my eyes. He touched me in ways he had never touched me. He explored every part of me like he was on an expedition, and when he slipped into me, the first crack of tears rolled down my cheeks, but he kissed them away. He kissed my tears away while making love to me. His hands soothed me, sending sparks of intense joy and pleasure down my body, and when we came, it was like the makings of a tsunami, crashing into villages and destroying everything in its path.

   We drifted into a peaceful sleep, our naked bodies barely wrapped with sheets.

   When next I woke up, Senna was no longer in the room by my side. But I didn't feel disappointed or sad. A smile covered my face when I remembered how he had made love to me. I wanted it to happen again.

   I slipped out of the bed, bathed, and slipped into one of his shirts I got from his closet.

   Buttoning it up, I wore his cologne, suddenly feeling warm and close to him. The sun was still setting, pouring its golden light upon the earth and making everything several times more beautiful.

   I left his room and went straight for the kitchen. Tina was the first person I saw, and as soon as she caught sight of me, her eyes widened in surprise, and she hurried towards me and hugged me.

   "Every time I see you, I am always surprised. I don't know why!" She cried, her hug nearly crushing my bones.

   Chuckling, I patted her back. "I'm happy to be back."

   "I am happy that you are back and healthy. How's the baby?"

   I rubbed my belly. "Well, can't wait for it to come out."

   A throat cleared behind me, and I turned to see Senna standing by the doorway. He was wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a tank top—a rarity. I'd only ever seen him wearing anything else but that, and my, he was breathtaking.

   "Hey, darling."

   I slowly pulled away from Tina and walked towards him, a smile on my face. "Hi, there. You look different...good."

   "Know something else that looks good?"

   I cocked my head to the side, brows raised in askance. "You tell me."

   He stretched out his hand. "Why don't I show you?"