55| A Strange dream

BALIA

For the next two days, Senna didn't return home. I was tethered at the edge of missing him terribly and just existing with Luca, who spent time with me when people weren't watching.

Every day, he made it his duty to reassure me that he was there for me. He reminded me that he had come here to save me and asked me to have patience.

"Senna is a brilliant man. One wrong move, and we're both in trouble." He cupped my cheek and sighed. "I had to take a lot of risk for this. You must not ruin this for me, okay?"

That kept me going for a long time. I enjoyed my time alone and even wished for him not to return. Life was better without him.

I spent time with Tina, smiled at the guards, and even talked with the maids when they had the time. Everything made sense. Tina made me try her new dishes and even allowed me to join her in cooking, but I was careful not to let anything about Luca slip out of my mouth. To them, he was the man Senna had saved.

Later today, I decided to take a walk around the estate, and there, I met an older woman who I sat with. She was adorable. A spinster who had divorced her 'good for nothing' husband twenty years ago and decided that being single was the best. She could have any man she wanted to walk out of a relationship without that attachment that came with marriage.

I fucked with her statement. Not being answerable to anyone was the best freedom anyone could ask for, and now that I thought of it, marriage had never crossed my mind.

I had a shitty enough past to even think of marriage.

Later that evening, I sat under the stars with Luca in silence. We had nothing to talk about, no memories to relive or nostalgia to feel because of our really shitty childhood. I actually preferred the silence anyway. I didn't want to say anything at all.

We bade goodnight, and just as I got to my room, I heard the sound of Trey's car driving into the house.

   Of course, I knew who was driving in by the sound of their engine. I was able to master it, all thanks to Senna. I'd grown to have a terrible trauma response from his car zooming in.

   I left my room, walked towards the balcony and looking down, I realized it wasn't Trey's car. Shit.

   Someone climbed out of the driver's seat and hurried to the other side of the car before pulling out a drunken Senna. This was my first time seeing him this disoriented, and it made me feel really weird. Senna was really good at masking his emotions.

   Well, he was going to be too drunk to remember I existed.

   I retreated from the balcony and walked back into my room. From where I lay in bed, watching a movie, I heard Senna's voice. He seemed too happy. He must have gotten so drunk from the celebration. I heard Tina yelling at him, and he told her not to yell, that things had gone well.

   Whatever had gone well, I was happy for him and happy that it had happened. I plugged in my earphones and got carried away by the movie I was watching.

   I was so engrossed in what I was watching that I didn't hear the sound of my door clicking open. It wasn't until I felt a dip in my bed that I sat up.

   Senna.

   I jumped, feeling my heart hit the cage of my ribs as it threatened to tear me open. I closed my eyes and placed a hand on my chest. "You scared me, Senna."

   "There are other things I can do, too," He said and pushed himself into the bed. In confusion, I backed away from him. He was acting all creepy, and it scared the hell out of me.

   Just before he grabbed me, I jolted out of my sleep, breathing heavily.

   "What the hell was that dream?" I sat up and looked around. My room was empty, and it was morning already. So all of that had been a stupid dream?

   I laughed to myself and climbed out of my bed before going over to push the curtains open. Tina came in as usual, and when I asked about Senna, she informed me that he hadn't returned yet. I acted like I didn't care. Well, I didn't.

   Fine. Maybe a part of me did.

   I didn't see Luca for the whole of today, and that was mostly because I had spent time in my room, rethinking my dream over and over again and how it had felt so real. Indeed, Senna wasn't a dream walker, was he? Because it felt like he was.

   Things took a turn when I started having flashbacks from the night he had caught me with Luca. His touch had stirred desire within me. He had touched me with so much precise gentleness that had me believing he could be better than the brutal man he was.

   And now that I thought of how good his hand had felt against my skin and how his breath had felt against my neck and ear, I knew today was going to be a horny day for me.

   My phone then went ahead to remind me that I was ovulating today, and it increased whatever sexual drive I had, trying to tone down. I touched myself a few times, but I wanted the touch of a man. I wanted to feel strong hands against my body, pinning me to the bed as they touched me and thrust into me.

   Was that too much for a man to ask for?

   I sighed and lay in bed. If anyone told me I'd lay in my bed one day and openly desire a man whom I so hated, I'd have laughed hard at them and called them a fool.