-

-

-

A few hours in, you heard commotion outside your office doors. It sounded like yelling. But just as you stood up to go investigate, one of your fellow researchers ran in, shutting and locking the door.

"What's going on!?" You asked, coming out from behind the desk. Your curious partner pokémon coming out from its spot. Your co-worker looked at you with sheer panic. "T-team magma! They're trying to take over the institute!"

"What!? We need to go help!" You argued, trying to push past him. "[Name] these guys are scary! Their #1 administration is here!"

You heard someone yell behind the door, "Camerupt use earth power!" That voice was familiar. But before you could place it, the floor beneath you shuddered violently. You tried to catch yourself, but you fell forward, landing on your arm at an awkward angle. You screamed in pain as the floor stilled again.

"There's more people! I just heard someone scream!" Someone yelled. "Check everywhere!" That familiar voice yelled again.

Someone was banging on your door. "G-get behind me.." You said through gritted teeth to your coworker. They nodded and went to hide behind your desk. You knew he wasn't a great battler. He wouldn't be very helpful right now.

Another big bang, and your door fell open. A man in a Team Magma uniform stepped through with a Mightyena. Your Magcargo moved in front of you. "Found 'em boss!" He yelled back.

You held your arm close to your body and stood up, trying to ignore the pain. "Magcargo, flame burst!" Magcargo reared its head back and shot a large ball of fire toward the Mightyena. It hit the Mightyena head on, but it stayed standing. "You son of a -" "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Someone yelled out.

The magma grunt stopped and looked back. You looked too and gasped. "T-Tabi...?" You asked no one in particular.

You recognized the man with dark hair and round face. Your first and only love, Tabitha.

You couldn't read the look in his eyes. "You're the admin of Team Magma...?" You asked quietly. Tabitha glared at the grunt. "I will take care of things here. That kid is here again. Go take care of her." The grunt nodded and turned with the Mightyena.

Tabitha walked over to you slowly. The shock of seeing him again made your legs weak as you sunk to the ground. You couldn't hurt him. You couldn't. Magcargo was probably just as surprised because Tabitha walked right past it and closer to you. You squeezed your eyes shut. You wanted to wake up in your bed again, hoping this was just a bad dream.

A big, warm hand landed on your head, stroking your hair. "You ok?" You opened your eyes and looked up at Tabitha. He was kneeling in front of you now. He was much taller and bigger than he was when you were young, but his face was the same.

"Pain, pain, go away." He said softly. Your face felt like it would burst into flames at any moment. "Tabi..." "I told you to tell me when something hurts." Tabitha chided, but he still chuckled at your state. "My arm..." you said.

Tabitha looked at the arm you were cradling and nodded. "Stay in here, ok?" Don't come out until it's quite down. You couldn't help but nod. Tabitha smiled and kissed the top of your head softly, making your face burn more. "Take care of him." He said to your Magcargo before walking out.

"What was that!?" Your coworker asked loudly, coming out of his hiding spot. But you didn't answer. You were still thinking about how soft his lips felt on your head.

-

-

-

About another passed, but you didn't see Tabitha after that. You hadn't seen him at all since that day at the Weather Institute. Every time you thought about it and the small kiss he gave you, you thought your heart would beat out of your chest. Luckily, your coworker forgot all about it when he saw your arm and became more concerned with getting you taken care of. Even now, your arm was still in a cast. It turns out it was broken.