Chapter 29

[A\N]: This is the final chapter of the book. Thanks for supporting this book. Hope you all enjoyed it.

"Niall?"

"(Y/N)!!!" Niall cried, swimming towards you. He's moving so fast it didn't allow you time to open up your arms to him. The Irish Mermaid secured his arms around your neck, sobbing into it. Queen Maura was on the verge of tears herself watching her son reunite with you.

"Oh my god! I missed you so much!" He cries.

"Are you serious, Niall?" You asked him. "Are you really giving up being king....for me."

"Yes, (Y/N)! I can't take it anymore!"

"What did I tell you all?!" Greg swam quickly to the podium, furious. "I told the both of you before, Niall isn't suited to be king! It should be me!"

"You have no say in this, Greg! Your a criminal!" Bob protests.

"I'm a fucking king and you know it!" Greg snapped.

"Your a criminal and you know it!" Maura intervened swimming off her throne. "Take him away!" She commands. The guards got behind Greg to tie his hands behind his back, escorting him out the ceremony.

"Are you serious about this Niall? Do you really want to give this up? Just to be with me?" You asked slightly shocked.

"Yes!" Niall nods. "I love you, (Y/N) and I can't be without you. Being king isn't worth it because I won't have you." He says gently, expecting you to agree with him.

"I-I don't thin that's a good idea, Niall?"

"Why not?" His tone got firm.

"Because you've wanted his your whole life and now that you have the opportunity, you don't want it anymore." Your trying to explain to Niall.

"I don't care about that anymore. I just want to be with you." He held your hands and looked deep in your eyes. You forced yourself to look away from his eyes because your not agreeing with what Niall is saying. "Babe?"

"I'm not worth it, Niall. You've been through alot and-"

"I know what I've been through was alot!" Niall cuts you off. "But do you know what? Everything I have been through, you were always here watching my tail, just as much as I watched yours. I love you-"

"I love you too, Niall. But I don't think this would be the right thing to do." You loosened his grip of your hands and walked away from the merman. Refusing to let you leave, he swam in front of you blocking your path. "Niall!!"

"Your not leaving!" He folds his arms with a serious face.

"Why not?"

"Because you left me the first time and I'm not letting you leave me again!"

"Niall, I'm telling you, I'm not worth giving up the crown for!"

"You are!"

"I'm not!"

"I can show you that your worth it." Niall grinned. This is his Plan B to get you to be with him forever.

"How?"

Niall didn't answer. He just simply grabbed your wrist and pulled you out in front of hundreds of merpeople. Talk about giving you the worst stage fright ever.

"Niall, what are you-" The merman put his finger on your lips, silencing you.

"(Y/N), will you marry me?"

Everyone at the ceremony gasped including King Bob and Queen Maura. You couldn't believe it either.

"Niall, I can't marry you....you've just been crowed the king...remember?"