I'm Sorry

Chapter 31
I'm Sorry

It was the next morning, you slept like an absolute log. You woke up sometime after midday, groaning at the eye burn from the night before. You sit up, rubbing your eye, you look besides you to see no sign of Mark. The place was painfully quiet. You sigh, throwing the sheets off of your body, collecting up a change of clothes and going to the bathroom. Honestly you was still a bit down in the dumps from the events of yesterday, you couldn't wrap your head around why he'd want to continue killing. It wasn't even John's will anymore, it was just a act of revenge on his wife who tried killing Mark. You ignore your surroundings as you make your way to the bathroom. You close the door and dump your clothes besides the sink. Instead of having a shower you decided to have a bath, you haven't had a good soak for a while considering your go to was a shower.

You let the warm water run as you start to undress. Once the bath was ready you slowly lower yourself in the water. When you was fully in, you just sit there staring into space, minding running a muck.

Why bother with revenge?
What's wrong with Mark?
Surely he doesn't simply WANT to get 'revenge'?
What's his motive, it just, doesn't make sense.

You snap out of thoughts to lay down in the tub, just letting your face out of the water and allowing your hair to soak up the water. You sign, then close your eyes, returning to thought.

Why can't he just let it go?
John's dead, what was he gonna do? Come back from the dead and kill Mark for not finishing his games?
It doesn't make sense.
Surely actually having a life would be more important?
We can simply move far far away and live a fairly normal life.

Your taken out of thought by water splashing your face, making your eyes open and head lift slightly. There was Mark sat on the floor on his knees besides the tub, one arm leaning on it, the other in the water. "Thoughr you fell asleep in here." He smiles softly at you. You sit up, your head feeling heavy from your wet hair. You face him and bring your knees close to your chest.

"I didn't even hear you come in."

"Yeah you've been in here for a while, convinced you was asleep and wanted to check on you."

"A while? Have I?" Mark nods, taking his hand out of the water and leaning it on the tub.

"Yeah, you have." You look at your hands, seeing they had gone wrinkly. You really was in there for a while.

"Can I join?" You look at Mark, thinking about it. You smile after thinking.

"Yeah, sure." He smiles wider standing up to get undressed. Not wasting time to join you. You move to the end of the tub, giving him room. He lowered himself in, hissing slightly.

"Damn you have hot baths. How are you not reacting to this?" He chuckles, lowering himself all the way in. You shrug. He signals for you to turn around, which you listen to, turning around so your back was facing him. He wraps his arms around your waist, bringing you closer to him so that you was leaning on his chest. "I've done you a surprise in the living room."

"A surprise?" Mark nods.

"Yeah. Just a little something, you'll see soon." He kisses your check, squeezing you tighter to him. After being like this for a while, Mark washes your hair, you loved it when he did this because he had a very particular way of messaging your scalp.

After your shared bath, you both got out. Drying yourselves off and changing. You wore one of Marks shirts and some black shorts. Mark had some joggers and a black shirt.

Mark made you stay in the bathroom while he put your old clothes in the bedroom. He came back with a big smile. Making you chuckle. "Whats this 'surprise' all about?"

"You'll seeeee." He goes behind you, putting one hand out for you to hold, the other covering your eye. He then guided you to the living room. Coming to a stop. "Ready!" He let's go of your hand.

"Of course I am." You giggle. He then uncovers your eye. You was greeted with the coffee table full of your favourite snacks and drinks, there was a stack of video tapes, all being movies you've never watched before. The couch was covered in many blankets. You also noticed something sat in the middle of the couch?

Mark grabs both of your hands, leading you to the couch, picking up the 2 items. You both sit down and he smiles wide, handing you a brown bear plush that has a [F/C] ribbon wrapped around his neck. Your bottom lip drops. "Mark..."

"That's not it." He hands you the second item, which was a jewelry box. You looked at the box then back to Mark, then back to the box, slowly opening it.

You opened it to reveal a silver necklace, which had a small heart shaped gem charm, which was [F/C]. You look back up ro Mark, your eye starting to tear up. Yeah he's brought you plenty of gifts before, but nothing compared to this. Mark took it from you, taking it out of the box, signalling for you to turn around. You turn around, and lift your hair up, he puts the necklace on you. Letting your hair back down and looking at the charm. "It's beautiful..." You look back at Mark, on the brink of crying out of pure happiness, you hold the plush close to your chest. He smiles at you, putting a stand of your hair behind your ear then cupping your cheek.

"It's the least I can do, you deserve alot more then this, but this is the most I can do for the moment."

"I love it..." You kiss him on the lips softly.

"I picked out some movies I thought you'd like. Let's watch movies all day and get fat on snacks." You chuckle, Mark standing up to put in the first movie. He sits back down besides you, wrapping an arm around you as you get comfy besides him. "I'm still, so sorry about yesterday, [Y/N]. I should've just told you what I wanted to do straight away." You look at him, gripping the plush tighter.

"No more secrets from now on?" He nods.

"Yeah. I meant it when I said I can't lose you, and won't lose you." You smile, resting your head on his shoulder.

"I can't lose you either, let's put it behind us. I feel better about it all now."

"Good." He kisses your forehead, resting his head ontop of yours.

"I love you Mark."

"I love you too."

-

-

-

1162 Words