Play Dumb

Chapter 21
Play Dunb

It was the next morning, you groan as you wake up, your body aching. You sit up, your eye still half shut. You turn to your side to see Mark sound asleep, his back facing you. You pull down the blanket a little to check his back.

It was scratched up at the top, near his shoulders, some were deep, some weren't. You throw the blanket off of you and get out of bed. Whe your feet hit the ground you stumbled slightly, catching yourself as to not make any noise. You limp slightly towards your bathroom. You flip on the light switch, stumbling to the mirror infront of your sink.

Your hair was a mess, there were brushes along your neck, the worst one being in the crook of your neck and shoulder. You bring youe hand up to touch it, flinching slightly. "Fuck..." You whisper to yourself. You pull back Marks shirt you wore, to reveal your hips, which had small light bruises where Mark had held you. You sigh.

Good luck to me trying to hide this in public.

You take off Marks shirt, throwing it to the counter, and starting the shower. You brush out your hair and brush your teeth as you wait for the water to warm up. You hop in, letting the warm water run down your face. Not too far into your shower, you feel strong arms wrap around your waist from behind. You smile softly, knowing who is was. "Good morning," You say as you lean your head back to rest on Marks chest. It was times like this you loved being significantly smaller then Mark.

"Morning." His voice gave away the fact he had just woken up.

"You was really sneaky getting in here, didn't hear a thing."

"Good, that was my plan." He planted a kiss on your cheek.

You both shower up, washing each others hair, once you both got out, Mark changed into his usual uniform, leaving his tie until last minute and leaving the first button to his shirt undone. You sat and dried your hair while he made up breakfast.

Once your hair was dry, you changed into one of Marks buttoned shirts, which was white with gray strips, and some black shorts. You left your hair down. You came around the corner to see Maek setting up the dining table. "Ooooo this looks faaaaancy." You say walking up to his side. "Gone all out this morning haven't you?" He turns to face you after placing down the last item on the table, he has a big smile across his face.

"Of course, might as well spoil you after our little accomplishments. And after leaving your body aching last night, least i can do." You chuckled. He pulls you in for a quick soft kiss. "Take a seat." You do as he tells you, taking your usual spot at the table. Judging at all the things on the table and the smell in the air, your guess was that he made pancakes. He places down a plate full of pancakes in the middle of the table, taking his own seat opposite you. "Dig in."

After breakfast, you got to cleaning the kitchen. "Work today?"

"Hm well, not necessarily, I'm expecting a call to come in. Considering they would have found last nights tests with the fire group, and they'd assume it's Strahm, they should call me in to discuss it." You nod as you do thr dishes. "We'll have to play dumb, but that won't be a problem." You giggle.

"Yeah with our amazing acting skills I'm sure we'll be fine." Mark comes up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist, resting his head on yours.