Game Over

Chapter 19
Game Over

Mark finds Ericksons contact. The Plan is to call him, and hang up straight away, if Marks instincts are correct, Erickson will track his phone, either out of concern or suspicion, leading him to the location of your current test, where he will find Strahms phone, and evidence of him not long ago being at the location, which will be a warm drink.

He calls Erickson, it rings a few times before it gets answers. "Peter? Where the hell are you?" Mark shuts the phone, it rings straight after. Mark then shuts down the device.

"Let's go." You nod. You head back to the location of the test, grabbing a hot coffee on the way. Once there you turn on the light, Mark walking ahead of you, placing down the drink, and turning back on the device, leaving it on the table. "We best leave asap, Erickson will be here in a flash."

"Yeah yeah. But first," You walk up to the monitors, checking each one. "They've gotten far, although they didn't understand the meaning of their test."

"As predicted." Mark replies. You change around the miniature piece of the tests, making it accurate to the monitors.

"Now we can go," You both leave. Heading back to the car. You both take off your gear, you taking off your gloves and cloak, marking taking off his coat and gloves, changing it out for his blazer. "To my appartment." You both zoom off to your appartment.

Once there, you both hop out, rushing to your room. You lock the door behind yourself. "Give him just a couple of minutes. I bet he'll be here any second." You huff after Mark speaks.

"This is all happening so fast."

"I know, but it'll be over just as quickly as it started. And our asses will be covered." You nod. You lean against the wall near your door, folding your arms over your chest, Mark walks over to the window which had the perfect view of the parking lot below. "And he's already here."

"What? Already? Although, yet again your prediction was correct."

"Always is." He walks over to you, you think he's about to exit your appartment, but instead he slams his hand besides your head, on the wall behind you, leaving you stuck between him and the wall. "Once this is over, I say we celebrate." He whispers to you, smirking.

"Oh? Thinking about that already?"

"I know you are too, don't lie to me [Y/N]." He kisses you softly, then removing himself from you, and leaving the room.

How does he go from one mood to another so quickly.

You follow behind him. "Remember, look suspicious." You hum in response. You both leave the building, walking to Marks car. You both rush to it and you specifically look around the car park. You get in, buckling up and leaving straight away.

"Are you sure this will work?" Mark looks at you, smiling softly. He rests a hand on your thigh as he looks back to the road.

"Of course im sure, and if he actually does listen to the tape, it's you who's locking the door, so I'll be able to get-out just fine. Either way, we win."

"Doesn't that make it kinda, rigged?"

"Yeah. But I don't care, John isn't here to lecture me, and it's not his game, its mine."