Aftermath (!!)

Chapter 15
Aftermath

You ended up falling in and out of sleep, not wanting to fall asleep fully and miss the alarm for Riggs game ending. But just like that,

Beep Beep!

It was over. You shot up, looking at the watch.

1 second. Did he fail by one fucking second?

You turn on the TV, putting on the live news, with Mark being one of the lead detectives, his freedom of a 'Jigsaw Case' would be plastered all over the news.

After around half an hour, as predicted, Mark exiting a building holding a little girl was on the screen. You look st the girl.

"John took Lynns dsughter too? What the fuck!" You say out loud. The cameras stayed at a distance. You saw Mark talking to another officer, but his focus turns to someone being wheeled into the back of an ambulance.

"We've got a live one!" The paramedic shouted out. You got a little closer to the screen.

"... Agent Strahm?" You could just about make up the face on the stretcher. You look at Marks expression. "He was never supposed to be alive, was he?"

-

About an hour later, Mark returns home. You looked around the corner of the living room to see him. "How'd it go...?" He looks up at you.

" Rigg failed. So did Jeff."

"What?"

"Everyone's dead, [Y/N]. Including John and Amanda."

"How did that happen..?" Mark walks over to you, looking down at you.

"Amanda shot Lynn, Jeff shot Amanda. Jeff didn't learn from his test and killed John, which ended up killing Lynn officially. Then Peter Strahm killed Jeff." He looks to the side, then back to you. "Strahm was nor supposed to make it out alive. I put him in a unescable trap, but the bastaed lived by doing a Tracheostomy. With a fucking pen." He walked past you, heading for the couch, clearly frustrated. He sat down and put his head in his hands, taking a deep breathe. You sat besides him. You was about to speak, but Mark beat you to it. "Did anything happen while I was gone?" You pause for a moment.

"Yeah actually..." He looks at you. "I was brought into the department. For questioning."

"Let me guess. Strahm?" You nod, Mark getting more frustrated. "He has to go."

"It didn't exactly last long, I was sent home when he was taken away to investigate Riggs house. But on my way out, I saw Johns ex in another Interrogation room."

"Jill Tuck?" You nod. "He hasn't shut up about investigating both of you, specifically Jill. So, you should be fine for now."

"Yeah, i hope so. Let's go to bed," You both stand up, heading for the bedroom.

-

The next morning, Mark was no where to be seen. You sit up, stretching and yawning. You throw off the blanket, slowly making your way to the bathroom.