Join Me

Chapter 4
Join Me

After a couple of hours you had finally left the hospital, you had to check out, recieve all your dates for your follow up appointments with Doctor Smith, getting some painkillers and one of the nurses kindly lended you some clothes from lost and found, which was simply some jean shorts, a whife top and a black baggy cardigan. You ended up throwing away your t-shirt, there was no way you was washing out the blood in that thing.
You walked back to your apartment with your papers and pills in hand.

A car pulls up besides you, you roll your eye thinking it was a thirsty male, again.

BEEP

You turn to face the car and see the passenger window rolled down.
"[Y/N]! need a lift?"

"Detective?" You burrowed your eyebrows pulling a confused look as you look through the passenger side,

"Hop in."

Why has he offered to take me home... maybe he's being friendly?
You thought.

"You getting in or what?"
You shake your head, snapping out of thought.

"Yeah sorry," You open the passenger door and hop in, closing the door behind you. You buckle your seat belt and keep your papers and pills in your lap. "Thanks, but you didn't need to stop for me."

"You've just lost an eye and was kidnapped a day ago, if I've spot you of course I'm going to offer a ride."
You smile weakly at him.

Maybe he really is being friendly.

"So, where too?"
You tell him your address and off you both went. You didn't speak a word to eachother, although you did keep finding yourself glancing at him.

You've never found an interest in relationships, especially after the loss of your sister. Infact, you've never even had a boyfriend. Yeah you flirt with men and yeah you've slept around, but you always made sure it was protected and never got attached to them. You've never really looked at a man and thought he was attractive.
But something about Mark Hoffman was different, this was the first man you've looked at and thought he was attractive.

You came to a stop, outside of your apartment complex. You unbuckled your seatbelt. "Thanks you so much, if you wait here I can go up and grab you some fuel money as a thank you?"
Mark laughed.

"Don't be ridiculous."
You opened the car door,

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"Okay... well... thanks again." You closed the door, the passenger window still being down.

"No problem, have a good night, [Y/N]."

"You too, Detective."

"Mark. Just call me Mark,"
You was a bit taken a back. Normally detectives would prefer their last name or just simply Detective.

"Okay then, Mark." He smiled, you waved at him as you walked towards the doors of your apartment complex. You don't hear his car move as you walked in, which you thought was odd.