Life

Chapter 1
Life

"Hey, honey. What you doing buying your own drinks? A pretty lady like you shouldn't even have to bring her card." A man besides you speaks as he pushes your hand aside, paying for the drink you just ordered.
He sits besides you holding up his drink, requesting a toast.
You smile at him, lifting your drink for the toast.

"Thanks."
The man winks at you.

"So. ARE you here alone?" He says after putting down his drink, elbows on the bar counter leaning closer to you.

"I am. Just me, myself and I." You give a flirtatious smirk, also leaning forward, drink still in hand. "Why, hoping to get some, big guy?" You wink.

The man chuckles.
"Ha! You read me like a book, the names David."  You hum in response, downing the rest of your drink and slamming your glass to the counter, still smiling.

"And mine is, 'not my type'. Thanks for the drink." You get off the seat and walk out the bar, your steps being wonky.  You get just a couple of blocks away from the bar and into a ally way, you place your hand over your forehead and collapse against the wall.
You sigh, slowly sliding down the wall and onto the floor.  Your legs fell to the side and the back of your head pressed against the wall.

This is what your average night looked like, getting wasted in a random bar, dressing in mini skirts to WOW men into getting you drinks. Sometimes you end up home with these men, sometimes you end up doing drugs with them and their pals, or sometimes you'll end up stumbling back to your little apartment alone.
This is what the past half a year has looked like for you, it only reaching its peak a month ago, when you lost your job as a nurse at the local hospital.
Normally on a night like this, when your going back home on your own, you end up lost in thought, knocked out on your bed, or end up not being home at all and asleep in an unknown corner.

You pulled your knees to your chest, slowly getting lost into your toxic thoughts, before foot steps could be heard besides you, then stopping infront of you.

"Miss? Are you alright?"
You recognised the voice despite being drunk, you slowly looked up, squinting your eyes in an attempt to make your vision clearer. You gasped slightly.

"D-Doctor Gordon..?"

"[Y/N]? What are you doing out here alone? Gosh I haven't seen you simce-"

"-I was fired? Yeah. Don't remind me, Lawrence."

"C'mon, let's get you back home." He held his hand out to you, but you slapped it out the way.

"I'm fine on my own..." You stood up and tried to walk, instantly stumbling over, Lawrence catching you.

"Clearly."

"It's my heels.."

"Well in that case." He stepped infront of you, back facing you and leant down a little. "Hop on."

You roll your eyes and instead of arguing you just do as he suggests. He adjusts you on his back, you wrap your arms around his neck.

"Comfy?" You nod and hum in response. "Right then. Live at the same apartment I used to drop you off at?" You nod and hum again, then off you both went.