Day 21- Fae

This one is connected to day 25, is 697 words long, and is in a fantasy au. enjoy!

Wake up.

Wake up.

Wake up wake up wake up.

There's something wrong...

She wasn't supposed to be there.

Who?

"Lizzie! Lizzie, please wake up, I swear if you're dead I'm gonna kill you!"

Hm... that person sounded upset. Whoever Lizzie was, they were probably in big trouble. She would almost feel bad for them, but she didn't care. She really just wanted to go back to sleep, but she was lying someplace quite uncomfortable, and the sunlight really was begging her to open her eyes.

She cautiously opened her eyes, and saw someone leaning over her with a worried expression on their face. They had brown hair with a green streak in it. A wave of relief washed over them when they saw her open her eyes. "Thank goodness, you're awake!"

"Who are you? Where am I?" She asked.

The stranger's face fell. "What do you m- you don't- oh, I'm going to kill that stupid fae!"

"What? What happened?"

The stranger took a deep breath. "My name is Joel, and you're Lizzie. We were talking to some fae girl- yeah, bright idea, I know- and you made a deal with her. She asked for you to 'share some memories' in exchange for what you wanted. She made it sound like she just wanted you to tell a story, but..."

She... Lizzie... scrunched her eyebrows. "I wouldn't make a stupid deal like that."

"Well, you did!" Joel sounded exasperated, but he just looked worried.

Lizzie sat up when she heard a rustle. It seemed to be coming from the trees at the edge of the clearing they were in. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Joel asked.

"Shh-" Lizzie listened hard, but the rustling had stopped. She stood up to go investigate, but as soon as she took a step, she hit an invisible wall. She thudded back to the ground- back in the middle of the mushroom circle.

"Lizzie? Are you okay?" Joel was just outside of the circle, Lizzie noted.

"This fairy circle is keeping me in! What's going on?" Lizzie brushed locks of her jet black hair out of her face.

"I don't know?" Joel lied. Lizzie didn't know how, but she could suddenly smell the lie in the air like it was a scented candle, mingling with the stench of the other lies he'd told.

"I... something's wrong..."

A pink-haired fae stepped out from between the trees, clapping mockingly. "Bravo, great performance! Perfect!" Joel quietly walked over to her, standing calmly at her side.

Lizzie growled. "You..." Her mind brushed off the last of the spell, like cobwebs. Katherine stood back up in the trap. "WHAT THE HECK, LIZZIE! A memory spell? Really? And of all the things to make your human lie about!"

Her rival grinned. "Just giving you a taste of how great it is to be me," Lizzie said.

"More like total embarrassment. And why are you going after me?" Katherine snapped.

"Serves you right for what your little witch pet did."

"She isn't a pet, she's allowed to leave whenever she wants- probably unlike yours. Seems like he's enchanted half the time."

"Hey!" Joel interrupted. "I'm not enchanted, I just like being mean!"

"See?" Lizzie smirked.

Katherine rolled her eyes. "Besides- what Shelby did was just payback for your little stunt at the festival. It's not my fault you're too weak to take a spell off."

Lizzie hissed. "Must I remind you who's still trapped?"

Katherine punched the force field in frustration. "Let me out, or I'm calling the Prince."

"Oh... you probably haven't heard, have you?" Lizzie asked innocently.

"Heard what, exactly?"

"The Prince gave up with your goody two-shoes court a little while ago. He's with the Unseelie Court now. He wouldn't help you even if you could contact him."

Katherine growled.

"Oh? Was that really the only ace up your sleeve? You're losing your touch, Katherine."

"Someday you're gonna get karma for how you always act, and I won't try to help."

"We'll see about that." Lizzie seemed to consider something for a moment, smirking. "For now, let's see how you fare trapped here alone." Lizzie turned and left, with the human following behind her.