Day 14- Vampire

This one's connected to 1, 3, 6, 11, 17, and 31, so it's in a modern au. It is 355 words long, and kind of dumb ;-;. Warning, there's 1 swear and 100% awkwardness.

Gem and Cleo's day at the mall was going pretty well. They were eating lunch at the food court, while chatting about various topics.

"And then," Cleo continued, "He asked if his friend could hear him while he was a statue. How am I supposed to know that?"

"Maybe he thought-" Gem's eyes widened as she saw someone walk out of Hot Topic that she thought she'd never see again. "Oh shit, it's Pearl."

"Your ex or something?" Cleo asked.

Gem nearly choked on her soda. "EXCUSE ME WHAT- I met her once, thank you very much. Zero out of ten, would not recommend being drank from by a vampire."

"Oh. That's, uh, not great. Do you want to leave?"

"No, I just kind of want to avoid her noticing me? Because I feel like talking to her would be really, really awkward."

"You have some very weird priorities, but okay."

"She did specifically say she didn't want to kill me. Or something along those lines. I was kind of drunk."

"That's pretty nice of her- oh, here she is."

"Hi," Pearl said. How had she gotten over to their table that quickly?

"Hi, Pearl." Gem forced herself to smile.

"How's it going?" Pearl asked.

"Uh... you didn't kill me, so that's good!"

"That is good! Y'know, I'm sorry that one of the times I needed to feed was just after I met you."

"It's... uh... I'm fine, so, all's well that ends well?"

"I gues-"

"Okay," Cleo cut in loudly. "This is awkward. Gem looks uncomfortable. Nobody is happy."

Somehow, the silence after their statement was even more uncomfortably awkward than the preceding conversation.

"I... I'll just go, then." Pearl turned to walk away.

"Wait, uh..." Gem trailed off as Pearl looked back at her. "Could you stay? I think we should try to be friends. You seem very nice, I just think we got off on the wrong foot."

"Sure. We can give it a try."

"If you bite her again, you're gonna be a statue," Cleo warned.

"Cleo, you can't just threaten her before even introducing yourself."

"I do what I want."