Day 7- Alien

This is a very silly one. It's 622 words long, and in a modern au. Warning for guns but nobody gets seriously hurt.

"Unit 710, you have a mission," The walkie talkie crackled as Bdubs' voice came through.

"What unit?" Grian replied innocently.

"You guys are unit 710!"

"No, we're not called that," Joel said, smirking.

Bdubs sighed in annoyance. "Unit... Bad Boys... you have a mission."

"Oh, great! What are the details?" Jimmy asked.

"I literally just texted Grian everything, now goodbye. Stop wasting time." The walkie talkie proceeded to only spew static, before Joel turned it off.

"What's the mission, Grian?" Joel asked.

Grian read the message, and gave a quick summary. "There's an alien living about a block from here. Oh, wow. The name it's using is the most obvious alien name... ever. This should be easy."

"What's the name? What's the name?" Jimmy sounded like an overexcited child.

"Pearl Moon. It's practically like she named herself 'Alien FromSpace' and expected to not get caught."

"Sounds like this alien is pretty stupid," Joel observed.

"Appears so," Grian responded. "Let's go."

💮

Joel knocked loudly on the door. "OI! GOVERNMENT BUSINESS, OPEN UP!"

The door opened, revealing a calm-looking woman. Her brown hair floated, just a bit, as though she didn't interact with gravity properly, though it was a small enough difference that you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it. The Bad Boys were looking for it.

"Hello, Pearl Moon, I presume?" Grian asked.

"That's me," The woman answered. "To what do I owe this visit?" The intense stare of her icy blue eyes marked the question as rhetorical.

Without any warning, Jimmy drew his gun, aiming it towards Pearl.

"Hey, hey, Jimmy!" Grian reprimanded. "We're not here to shoot her!"

"She looked at me funny!" Jimmy protested.

A faint amused smile made its way onto Pearl's face.

"What're you laughing at?" Jimmy nearly shouted.

"Even if you tried to shoot me, it wouldn't do much."

"What do you mean by that?" Joel asked.

"Do you want to find out?"

"I might, if you keep this up."

"Cool it, guys," Grian interrupted. "If neighbors hear gunshots, they'll make a scene."

"What's your goal here, anyway?" Pearl asked. "Are you here to tell me to go back to space? To take me to some top-secret facility never to see the light of day? What's the deal?"

"Uh..." Jimmy looked at Grian. "What is our goal?"

"Did- did Grian seriously forget to tell us?" Joel exclaimed.

"Heh..." Grian adjusted his sunglasses. "Did I forget? Silly me. It's not anything that should be too much trouble."

"What is it?" Pearl asked.

"Honestly, you just need to sign some paperwork. The government really just wants to make sure there isn't anybody extraterrestrial that they don't know about. It'll also really help if they ever need to do any sort of coverup of any incident that might happen."

"Oh, that's perfectly sensical," Pearl nodded. "I can totally sign some stuff."

"Aw, I wanted to shoot her..." Jimmy mumbled.

"Me, too," Joel agreed.

Grian sighed. "Pearl, I am so sorry about my coworkers. They're new to this."

"Ah, it's alright. I get it." Pearl grinned mischievously. "If you really want, you guys can try it. Just a little pew-pew. It really doesn't affect me much."

Jimmy gasped. "REALLY?!"

"Go for it," Pearl nodded.

Jimmy didn't need to be told again. He raised his gun and shot Pearl directly in the forehead. The bullet penetrated only a few inches into Pearl's flesh, which appeared to be entirely made of purple goop. Pearl winced, reaching up to rub at the wound. As she did so, the goo pushed back into place, and her skin reformed quickly over it. "See? I'm perfectly fine."

"That's... the most calm I've ever seen anyone be after getting shot in the head," Grian commented.