Day 23- Unknown Species

This one is 269 words long, kind of stupid, and takes place in minecraft. 

 Magic bugs were not Shelby's specialty. Especially not magic rainbow bugs.

"Scott," Shelby gestured in what she hoped conveyed 'what do you expect me to do here,' "I have no clue what this is."

The rainbow butterfly fluttered around in its cage on the table. Tortoise hopped on top of the cage, like a little guard frog.

"It's a butterfly," Scott explained, very helpfully. "And I think it's cursed Chromia."

"Why do you think a bug cursed your kingdom? Last time I was there, it didn't seem very cursed."

"Trust me, it's cursed. The flowers are all grey! And also the sky. And also, like, everything else."

"...and you're blaming the butterfly."

"Yes."

"I think I have a butterfly encyclopedia somewhere, maybe I'll be able to figure out what species it is," Shelby pulled a cyan volume off the shelf, leafing through its pages. None of the insects matched the one that Scott had brought. "That's odd... none of them look even close."

"That's because it's probably a curse!"

Shelby sighed. "Aren't rainbows your whole thing? You should like the butterfly."

"What? Why should I like a lame grey butterfly?"

"Scott... that butterfly is very rainbow colored."

"No it isn't."

Shelby held up the book. "What color is the cover?"

"Uh... greyish?"

"Scott. That is very clearly teal. Did you suddenly go colorblind?"

Scott pursed his lips. "That... might make a little more sense, actually."

"Maybe the butterfly isn't cursed. Maybe you are."

"That'd be lame."

Shelby looked closer at Scott's face. Specifically, his magic eye. It was grey, instead of gold. "Scott, your eye's grey."

"That's... not good."