𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟔.

Violeta

Violeta

The shrilling sound of my alarm rang followed by Maverick's.

I groaned and pulled the sheets over my head as I turned to Maverick's body. My cheek pressed against the warmth of his shirtless body, his arms holding me close and tight. "Ten more minutes," I mumbled into his chest. Although it sounded a lot more like Tej mo minutes than anything.

Maverick's body shifted as he reached over to turn off of our alarms. " Ten more minutes and then you have to get up and finish packing."

I sighed in annoyance. " Can't you do it for me?"I was really dreading packing. Even though it was my own fault for continuously putting off the task.

" And get barreted and chastised if one of your favorite cashmere sweaters is missing? I don't think so," Maverick responds, rubbing my shoulders to create warmth as my body adjusts to the temperature in my room.

" But as my boyfriend and best friend, you would know to pack my favorite cashmere sweater and which one to leave behind. Correct?" I lifted my chin and peered up at him, finding his eyes closed with a content smile on his lips.

He was just so dreamy in the morning.

Don't get me wrong, he was dreamy all of the time. It was just something about Maverick in the morning that got me going. I couldn't decide if it was the morning voice, the sleepiness in his forest green eyes, or the ruffled hair. I'm just going to go the logical route here and say all of the above.

Maverick simply hums in response, not budging in my efforts to have anyone else but me pack my bags. At that thought, a light bulb went off. I could have the twins pack for me. Bribery would have to be involved if that was the case.

Who was I kidding, I would be better off packing my own bags.

Ten minutes blew by faster than I would like and the two of us were scrambling out of my bed. I had a minor headache from partying and screaming at the top of my lungs from the night before. Marcella's birthday was a night to remember. More so for her considering that she'd finally met her mystery guy.

Elijah was the clear and obvious answer. And for how smart Marcella is, I found it hard to believe that she didn't know that it was him all along.

" It's cold," I chattered, walking across the cold flooring of the room and adjusting the temperature. The room quickly started to warm up as we entered my bathroom. Maverick started the shower water, setting it to the scorching temperature just the way that I liked it, especially during the winter time.

While the shower warmed up, I handed Maverick his toothbrush and he came up behind me, resting his hand on the curve of my hip as I leaned on his body. The two of us brushed our teeth and then quickly stripped out of our clothing and headed into the shower.

" Shit," Maverick yelped. " I will never understand why you insist on having your water at the temperature equivalent to the heat of hell." I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.