𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒.

'' Blonde!'' Marcella shrieked as she stood behind my door

I wasn't completely blonde.

Mom said that I still had two more sessions to go to complete the transition in order to keep my hair in the healthy state that it was in. And since she was a licensed cosmetologist and all, I had to take her word for it.

'' You're fucking blonde, Violetta!'' She walked inside, mouth agape as she took in my new hair style.

'' You like?'' I fluffled my hair, moving aside to let her further in.

She wore a black Juicy Couture track suit to match mine. Her garment bag was flung over her shoulder and her tote bag was in her hands.

'' I love it.'' She gawked, bringing her blood red painted nails to the ends of my hair, running her pointed nails through it. '' You'll be the only fake blonde that I don't make fun of.'' She winks as I push her further into the foyer.

'' No. Make fun of me. I'm a part of the club now, Marcie. It's only fair that I don't get special treatment.'' I joked as we headed towards the staircase.

The house wasn't in full chaos today like it usually was for events. It was quite refreshing not having tons of kids running around while we tried to get dressed and ready. Our parents agreed on dropping them off at the manor due to the no kids allowed rule. The nannies and staff would be watching them for the night until we returned later on.

'' Is this why you were being weird yesterday?'' She questioned as we entered my room.

'' Yeah. I wanted to surprise everyone. Not even Maverick knows that I did it.'' I informed as I grabbed my laptop and shoved it into my away bag to take to the manor.

'' Well I would hope that he wouldn't know before me.'' Marcella tosses her hair to the side, making herself comfortable on my bean bag chair.

"Speaking of lover boy,'' she says, propping an elbow on her knee. '' You never finished telling me about your date at the fair.''

Our lives had been so chaotic between last weekend and up until now.

Between training, school, and prep for the ball, it had completely slipped my mind that I had only half informed her on my date before we both fell asleep last friday.

A blush rose on my cheeks as I thought back to that night after he beat Trevor's ass in my honor.

'' Comfortable?'' He asked, pulling me further into his side.

His arm was already wrapped around
my shoulder, his opposite hand was intertwined with mine.

The swing swung back and forth, following the light breeze as the Ferris wheel continued to raise. My head rested on his shoulder, hidden in the crook of his neck a little bit as I stared off at the view in front of us.