𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎.

Marcella De'luca

Marcella De'luca

Music blasted through my airpods as I walked down the halls of school.

It was lunch. I loved lunch.

Just like every De'luca, I got the trait of being obsessed with food and all things carbs. Thanks to having a fast metabolism and an extensive workout routine, I got to eat as many carbs as I wanted without having to worry about a doctor telling me to watch my weight.

If that ever happened, I would punch said doctor in the face.

I didn't have that many insecurities about myself yet you would never know that because confidence is key. From a very young age we learned to hold ourselves with confidence because that's what everyone admired about us.

Even though I held my head and walked like I had my shit figured out I still had insecurities like everyone else.

Growing up around beautiful people who seemed to have not a flaw insight, I grew self conscious of my appearance, making sure that I looked just as flawless as they did.

My hair was always perfectly styled. My makeup was always perfectly done when applied. My style was all over the place but I made sure that I looked amazing in whatever I wore. My clothes were precisely picked to highlight one section of my body to hide a flaw that I was certain that I had.

I wanted to look perfect like all of the women in my life.

The one thing that would not be perfect was my diet.

I loved food and I damn sure was going to eat until my stomach felt like it was going to explode from being too full. Bring on the food coma and fooditis.

Approaching the lunch table I came out of my back pack straps and placed it down at the floor near my feet. I pulled out my fruit and vegetables because I had a thing about fruits and vegetables.

I needed to know how many times they were washed in order to eat them. There was no way that I would get a brain sucking parasite from eating an unwashed strawberry.

" Come on," Violeta sat her bag beside me and reached for my hand. " It's buffalo chicken wraps today!" I was on my feet at buffalo chicken and scurrying off to the growing lunch like with Violeta.

We slid our lunch trays down the assembly line, picking up sides of interest as the line moved at a continuous pace.

" Spill it V," I reached for a water bottle as she craned her neck over her head.

" Spill what?"

I raised a perfectly threaded brow in her direction." I know you Violeta. You've been walking around like you're on cloud nine all day, so spill."

Violeta chewed in her bottom lip as we approached the register. I walked around her and entered my pin into the first register before grabbing my food and walking away with her right behind.