𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕.

Violeta De'luca

Violeta De'luca

Chemistry.

I was pretty sure that if there were three things that Maverick could not live without it would be his family, chemistry, and me.

Not in that specific order of course.

He couldn't fuck chemistry.

" Hey Carson," I greeted Maverick's father as I walked into their kitchen and helped myself to a granny smith apple from their fruit bowl.

" Hello V. How was school?" He asked, turning away from the stove as he threw the white cloth over his shoulder and smiled at me.

"Same old same old," I shrugged.

" Too smart for whatever they're teaching you?" He teases.

" I mean," I smiled arrogantly," I don't want to brag."Carson chuckles at my foolishness.

Carson was my mom's bodyguard throughout her pregnancies, one of my father's closest friends, and he was like an uncle to me.

He was one of the most loyal people that we've ever known. He's been with our family through a lot and stayed by our side through whatever came our way with pride.

Since Maverick was only a few months older than me, he'd bring him over from time to time until our friendship blossomed and all we wanted to do was be around each other.

I remember the tantrums we'd throw when our parents came to pick one of us up from the other's house. I remember my mother practically having to pull me off of him in order to get me to leave whilst I was kicking and screaming bloody murder.

When we hit seven we were allowed to have sleepovers. My parents gave Maverick his own room which he had free reign to decorate.

When we hit fifteen and I was fourteen, we started sneaking into each other's rooms. I would cuddle up to him and we would talk until the sun came up. He would have an alarm set for when I should return to my room and pretend like I was asleep when my parents awoke.

I'm pretty sure that they were aware but never spoke of it.

When I hit sixteen and he was seventeen, we lost our virginity to each other during a family vacation in the Maldives.

Sex on the beach is crossed off the bucket list.

" How was his doctor's appointment?" I bit into my apple as he crossed his arms, giving me a look to which I rolled my eyes at.

" Oh c'mon! You know that's the one topic that he won't talk to me about."

Maverick was born premature, he had a lot of heart defects which some people thought were too much to handle, including his own biological family.

Luckily for all of us, Carson and Eric didn't care about the expenses that went into adopting Maverick, they just wanted him to be in a happy home while he got healthy.