𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔.

Marcella

Marcella

" Why so glum chum?" My cousin Alex asked when I entered the house.

" I'm fine," I answered shortly as the door to the manor closed behind me.

The twins shared a look with each other before pinning it on me. " You're not. Sit down."

Chills ran down my spine at their ability to speak the same sentence in unison. Regardless of me wanting to run upstairs, throw the covers over my face, and eat my weight in all the KitKats I can eat, I took a seat next to Alessa on the staircase.

" What happened today?" Alex crossed her arms. " And don't say nothing because you are in one of your rare moods."

" I am not in a mood," I exclaim.

" Oh honey," Alessa arched a perfectly shaped brow, I was envious. "Stefano chugged half of your strawberry milkshake at the diner and you didn't even bat an eyelash. Somethings up."

My eyes ping-ponged between both twins, seeing that they wouldn't let this go anytime soon. They were quite persistent and pros at cracking people. I'd seen first hand how men cracked under their gaze and sang like canaries.

That was not about to be me.

" Someone insinuated that I was in the closet today." I spoke after a minute.

" Name and address," Alex immediately demanded." I have Mrs.West on speed dial so I'm getting either way."

I laughed as Alessa wrapped her arms around my shoulder," Calm down. You're pregnant, you crazy woman," I poke her belly as if to remind her.

" A baby stops nothing," she responds, rubbing the flame tattoo that she hand tattooed on her thumb.

" I don't like the tone at which you said that," Ashanti turned the corner with Sage and Natalia behind her.

" What?" Alex sounded offended. " I think that my tone was perfectly normal."

Natalia snorted. " The tone gave off exactly what she said. Meaning that whatever crazy plan she's conjuring up in her mind, will be followed through. Baby baking in the belly or not."

" Enough about me," Alex waved them all off." We're talking about Marcella. How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. " I wasn't necessarily hiding my attraction to girls."

Alessa shook her head. " That still doesn't give that she-bitch the right to tell the whole school something that you yourself probably wasn't ready to let be known. People could assume all they want but for her to just put your business out like that is fucked up."

" And something that I hope you aren't letting slide either," she pinned me with a stern look.

" Of course not," I tossed my hair over my shoulder and straightened my posture," She's been poking the bear for quite sometime now. Eventually the bear will wake up land mawl the fuck out of her."