𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕.

Hands grip my waist, tickling my sides as I check out my reflection in the mirror attached to the inside of my locker

Hands grip my waist, tickling my sides as I check out my reflection in the mirror attached to the inside of my locker. Smiling, I turn around to find Maverick's frame towering over me.

Green eyes meet mine as I crane my neck to look up at him." Hi." He greets, smiling that naturally charming smile of his.

" Hi." I spin around, closing my locker and walking off with him besides me. " Fall fair is coming up." I say as he takes my hand in his, interlacing our fingers as we walk down the hallway.

" I heard." He chimes, mouth twisting into a lopsided grin.

It was nutrition and some days we hung out alone away from the group. We always hung out in a small hallway that led to the field in the back of the school during those days. Sometimes we talked. Sometimes we listened to music. Sometimes we made out.

And sometimes we just sat in silence basking in each other's presence.

" Do you have a date?" I bait.

Of course he had a date.

And that date was me— he just had to ask me.

" I don't know. I have my eye on a certain someone." He sideyes me, smirking as I nudge him in the side with my elbow.

" Do you think that she'll say yes?" I questioned teasingly, playing along with our little game as we rounded the corner to our quiet spot.

Maverick wasted no time in pushing me against the wall of the private hallway, the only light shining down it being from the side door at the end of the hall. " She'd better say yes or my poor little heart would just crack into two." He playfully sulks as I pout my lips at his small frown.

" We can't have that now can we?" I lean forward, interlacing my hands around his neck as he exhales, closing the space between us.

" We can't." Maverick agrees, brushing the tip of his nose against mine. " So go. with. me." He says in between kisses to my lips.

I pause, feigning as if I was thinking about it." I'll have to check my schedule." I shrug as his brows furrowed in annoyance.

''Violeta.'' His tone held no amusement in it.

Now usually I would fuck with him a little bit longer. But sadly the bell schedule wouldn't allow me to do that with it being early dismissal today.

"Well!" I pipe up on my toes, placing a kiss on his lips once more." Looks like my schedule is all clear. You've got yourself a date, Maverick Grey."

His stoned facial expression brightens up immediately as he brings his hand to brush the few strands of hair out of my face." I'll have the prettiest date there." His whisper was quiet, intimate.

It had me feeling all of the feels. The butterflies. The tingles. The giddy feeling mixing in with all of the flutters fluttering in my stomach. He had a way with words that brought on a million affects to my body all at once.