𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐.

The following morning as we sat at the manor breakfast table, the news played in the background

" Breaking News," The anchor with the annoyingly bright smile and chirpy tone spoke. Because breaking news was something to be chirpy about, nine times out of ten, it was always bad news.

" Two teenage boys, Harrison Ford and Trevor Knowles, found unconscious and beaten badly on the side of the road, not too far from where the cops had broken up a party." I stand corrected, that news sounded like something that needed to be celebrated.

" Cops have started an investigation and have come up dry for now."

Shiiiiiit.

Uncle Alessio turned off the television as we found ourselves under our family's gaze. " By those bruised knuckles, I bet you two had a hand in this," he states the obvious.

" Actually! Maverick was the one who laid out Trevor," Stefano grins, raising his hand across the table, meeting Maverick's in the air.

" They had it coming," I simply shrug, squeezing Noelle's thigh under the table.

She placed her hand on top of mine, squeezing my hand back in response. After those soon to be roadkill fuck twats tried taking her from me; I couldn't help but blame myself for being too blinded by beating Harrison into a bloody pulp, that I didn't realize what would happen if things got out of control.

I especially didn't think that the two had it in them to try and kidnap someone.

Clearly, I was wrong.

Those two were fucking mental, and that's combing from someone who shot their mother in cold-blood without so much as a second though. Those idiots, they were just asking for a bullet through the cranium. And I was itching to pull the trigger.

" While I am sure that you had a great reason for leaving them like roadkill on the side of the street," My father wiped the corners of his mouth as he sat back, examining us with pride but a hint of annoyance. " You do realize that you have to keep everyone who saw that altercation under lock and key."

I smirked at my father, he should know better than to underestimate me of all people. " Father, do you doubt me?"

He subtly lifted a brow, his eyes piercing into mine. I never challenged my father, but him doubting my skills to clean up a little mess such as this, was a tad bit insulting to my intelligence. " Those two won't say shit," I assure him.

" How do you know that?" Antonio asked.

I didn't take offense to the third degree grilling my uncle was subtly giving us.Our family had a pristine image in the media, we did our best to keep it that way. Of course rumors swirled every now and then, they weren't rumors, but we knew how to make shit simmer down before it even started to boil over and cause a frenzy.