𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓.

What the fuck just happended?

There was no way that I had witnessed everything that just happened?

Stefano wasn't holding a gun. He didn't kill a man in cold-blood without hesitating.

And he damn sure didn't look as if he had enjoyed it.

I was dreaming. I was imagining it. I had to be.

Except I wasn't because the entire ride back to the ridiculously large and grand manor, I had continuously pinched the skin of my wrist, wondering when the fuck would I wake up to the bright sunny glow that cast through his bedroom window with his naked body hugging mine.

But that never happened.

I was awake and this was all a reality. What the fuck had I gotten myself into?

Who had I been fucking?

Who had I been falling so stupidly in love with in such a short amount of time?

I knew it was too good to be true.

How had I managed to attract the attention of fucked up boys?

It had to be the daddy issues– it had to be.

My god, Monet. What are you going to do?

What was I going to do? Well I was going to do what any sane person would do and fucking leave. I was going to leave and pretend that we never happened. I was going to pretend that the last few months never happened and that I was never sucked into the clutches of a fucking murderer.

A super hot murderer who gave me amazing orgasms and made me feel cared for, protected, and beautiful all at the same time.

Why couldn't I have fallen for a normal man?

But it was clear the whole time that he wasn't normal.
He was Stefano De'Luca.

He was funny, charismatic, a loving big brother, the guy that knew all the right things to say to make you feel better, he was a heartthrob, he was a lover boy.

And he was a murderer

The car came to a halt as he pulled into the circular cul de sac. I stayed frozen in my seat as I racked my brain trying to figure out how I missed the signs. There had to be signs right? There had to be slip-ups, small tendencies.

There had to be something.

And as I busied myself with trying to find out how I read him completely wrong, he studied me silently like he always did.

'' Are we going to talk about this or what?'' This was how he was going to address it.

We weren't going to ease into it.

I wanted to laugh at my inner-thoughts, how could we possibly ease into this? I saw what I saw.

'' I don't think that there is much to talk about,'' I spoke for the first time since we left the diner.'' You're a cold-blooded killer and so is your whole family. I've been hanging around psychopaths for months and you probably took joy in knowing that you were fucking the clueless cheerleader, right?''