𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕.

Noelle Dupont

Noelle Dupont

" How do I look?" I asked the girls as I did a little spin for them.

They had picked out a white long sleeve cropped top that tied in the front. They paired it with an orange skirt that had a floral like paisley print and red accents. I ran my fingers over my waist, feeling the mixture of different sizes of waist bead jewelry around my waist.

Along with the waist beads I wore two necklaces and a simple pair of gold earrings. I decided on leaving my hair down and parting it in the middle for today in order to save myself the headache.

" Third date appropriate?" I questioned.

For our second date he took me to his favorite hole in the wall restaurant. Not many people knew about it and the fact that he wanted to share the place with me made it all the more special.

I could see that restaurant becoming our place.

"You look perfect!" Portia assures, fixing a necklace as she checks over my outfit. " So cute and boho chic. This style suits you so much, Elle baby."

" Oh who am I kidding." She gushes." You could rock a brown paper bag."

My cheeks heat up at her compliment. Sometimes I had a hard time believing them when they gave me compliments. I couldn't see for myself so I had to rely on the opinion of everyone else around me.

Not with Marc though.

Whenever he complimented me I believed that it had to be true. A guy like him wouldn't just call any girl his pretty girl. A guy like him wouldn't look in my direction if he didn't find a likeable quality about me.

A guy like him wouldn't give just any girl the time of day.

" I'm so nervous." I wipe my clammy palms on my skirt.

I always get nervous before going out with Marc. I'm even nervous on the actual date and question whether or not he's put off by me yet. I question why he finds me attractive. Why does he want to talk to me? What does he see in me? Why is he so nice to me?

Sometimes I wonder when the ball is going to drop. Sometimes I wonder if this is just a dream that will slowly morph into a nightmare.

He was just too perfect to be real.

" Stop it." I feel Astrid's familiar palms on my shoulders as her scent engulfs me. " Marc is very much attracted to you. He's shown more emotion towards you in the past ten years that I've known him to you than he has anyone else. Get out of your head. You're beautiful and he chose you."

He did choose me of all people.

Exhaling a breath, I nod my head in agreement with Astrid."Okay. Okay. I'm fine now." I express, plastering on a smile as her words settle into my brain.

He chose me.

He wants me.

I'm his pretty girl.

" You don't have to worry, Noelle." Astrid grips my face gently. " Marc drools over you and loses his brain everytime he sees you. He isn't going anywhere."