31~ Movie Marathon

Adrian

After I confessed my love for Adeline she shocked me by saying those three words back. Yes we fucked before that, but it doesn't change the fact that I actually mean it. I love her deeply and I can only hope she loves me just as much. 

We spent the rest of the day trying to avoid each other but it was no use as we gravitated to get closer. We were exhausted from a full day of work at the warehouse. Adeline continued to learn how to shoot guns with Hades while I met with the shipping company. 

"How do you feel about laying in bed watching movies all night until one of us falls asleep?" I proposed to her as we drove home. 

I wasn't one to watch movies as I got bored of them easily, but for her sake I will. 

"That's a bold challenge for you to throw around like that Mr. Santoro." She teased. "Will you even be able to stay awake for the first ten minutes of The Titanic?" 

"Oh, boy...uhm I think I'm removing that from the movie marathon list. There is no way in hell I'll be able to stay awake for that boring ass movie." I admitted placing my hand on her thigh. 

"ADRIAN FUCKING SANTORO, YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!" she yelled at me. "The Titanic is one of my favourite movies, how dare you say suck things about Jack and Rose's relationship." She crossed her arms over her chest spitting rage. Her head turned to stare out the window.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry, Sweetheart." I chuckled at her pouting. "I had no clue it was your favourite, I'll keep it on the movie marathon list if it makes you happy." 

She looked at me with a softened gaze, "You will?" She asked innocently. 

"Yes, Baby. I will only to see you happy because today is a special day for us. We became official and soon to be married." 

"I think I want to postpone the wedding since I want to be wed on different terms. I don't want to marry you because of the contract, I want to do it because I love you." She sighed. 

"I don't have an issue with that. We've been stressing enough as is and with the wedding so soon it won't help us be at ease." She hummed in agreement. 

We swiftly made it home just in time for dinner. It was just us and the house staff tonight but they will be heading home soon. I imagine they've already ate dinner and are just finishing up their last bits of work. With Adeline helping around here and there they don't have a ton of work left.

Sheila, our chef,  had already prepared and cooked the food, now it's being dished out to everyone. Adeline and I got served last as we were the last ones to sit at the table. Sheila made a delicious French onion soup with garlic butter baked salmon. I'm not a big fan of salmon but the way the chef cooks it is beyond delicious. Adeline's hair was loose and in her way as she tried to eat her soup. She bunched it all into a ponytail and held it back, struggling to keep it out of the way. 

"Here, Sweetheart...let me help." I offered, gently holding her hair for her as she ate. 

I don't mind doing little things for her. It's things like this that show I care. 

I let go of her gorgeous soft brown hair when she finished the soup so I can eat my own. We ate in a comfortable silence, stealing glances at each other. We set our dishes in the sink when we finished eating and headed upstairs to our room to begin the movie marathon. The wall that faces the bed has a large screen, frameless tv mounted on it. I got into comfortable sleep wear while Adeline was in her closet putting on pyjamas. After she came out we got comfy in the bed and snuggle in close as always. I was resting against the headboard with my arm wrapped around Adeline as she was glued to my side. I dug the remote for the tv out of my nightstand and turned on the tv. 

"What should we watch first?" I asked waiting to open a streaming app. 

"How about we watch Titanic, so that you understand my perspective of the movie." She suggested. 

I opened Netflix and found "Titanic". The movie began playing and I glanced down at Adeline watching as she stared intensely at the tv. Ten minutes in and I already don't like it though I don't express my opinion. I continued to watch just to prove Adeline wrong and the ending of the movie made a grown ass man cry. I was shedding tear after tear and this little devil in my arms gave me an 'I told you so' look. 

"See, now do you get why I like the movie so much?" She asked. 

"No I don't but he didn't have to die that way!" I cried. "He couldn't stay strong!" 

"Next movie!" She beamed snatching the remote from my hands. 

By now it was 10:00 pm and had gotten dark. Adeline usually falls asleep at this time because I trained her brain to go to sleep at this hour since day one. She turned on "Saving Private Ryan" and halfway through the movie she was out cold. Her hair fanned out on my chest, her light and heavy breathing were all tell tale signs that her lights were out. 

Quietly I turned off the tv and got into a comfortable laying position. I laid on my back while Adeline was glued in the same position with her leg over mine. Kissed the top of her head while I pulled the covers over top of us to keep her warm. 

"Goodnight, my heart. Dream of me." I whispered in her ear to which she slightly stirred to get closer. 

I rested my head on the pillow and shut my eyes falling into a deep sleep as I dreamt about her. And only her. 

—————

Hot damn...I didn't expect people to see this book. Thank you all for taking the time to read my work! I appreciate each and every one of you, you have made my day. ❤️

-Evil