23~ Ticking Time

Adeline

As we wasted the night away talking about how to end this 'Astrid' person, I slowly got tired. I think Hades noticed it too as he held a concerned look for me as I almost fell of the pool table. Adrian got the memo and helped me down from the pool table. I was close to just crashing on the floor, but he insisted that he would find me a comfortable bed. I thought that was questionable because what kind of warehouse has beds? 

I didn't care to memorize the turns and hallways we walked to get there, I wanted to sleep. Adrian opened and loaded doors to several bedrooms to see I any of them were clean and untouched. After the fourth door he finally found one and I was basically leaning my whole body weight against him. He didn't care, wrapping his arm around me for more support as he pulled me into the room. 

The room was nicer than I expected in my half asleep state. The bed looked so comfortable and was calling my name. I trudged my way over to the bed as he stood leaning against the door frame making sure I was comfortable enough. I got into the bed leaving room for him as wel, he needed sleep as much as I did. 

I looked at him like a lost puppy, confused why he wouldn't come into the room. I even patted the empty side of the bed and he didn't budge. I got up from the wam covers and slowly walked back over to him gabbing his hand. 

"You need sleep too, your body won't function properly if you don't sleep." I rasped out as I pulled him towards the bed. 

"Okay, but I can't guarantee that I'll stay for long." He chuckled sliding in to the empty side of the bed as I got on the other side. 

I turned my body to face him as my eyes shut. I could faintly feel him pulling me in as his warmth hugging me . I hate to admit it, but his warmth and body were so comforting that I involuntarily snuggled in closer to him. I felt his heartbeat against my cheek as my head laid upon his chest. I could feel his slow breathing signalling he was asleep. 

I could hear snickering and a quiet camera shutter as I awoke from my wonderful sleep. There was a nightstand by the bed on the other side. On it was a digital clock that read 10:30 A.M. I could barely move from my place as I was anchored down by two arms tightly wrapped around me. We were still in the same position we started in, and my cheeks burned red. Adrian was sleeping as soundly as a baby, nothing could wake him. His features looked softer as he slept and I couldn't help, but stare. He was even more beautiful up close than I imagined. 

"Sweetheart, if you're going to keep staring at me like that you can always take my picture." He groggily spoke, his eyes fluttering open. 

"Sorry!" I squeaked, avoiding eye contact.

I never noticed how close we were till he planted a light peck on my forehead. His breath fanned my head as well and my cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He rasped out a chuckle as my body reacted to such a small touch. 

"We have things to do today, I need to check if the head was delivered to the rivals." He slowly peeled his arms away.

I frowned at the slow loss of his warmth and touch. I know it shouldn't affect me much because he's still kind of a stranger to me. Everything he does though, draws me in and I'm trying hard not to fall for him, but he just makes it harder. Soon his presence alone will be my fall. 

"Right...when do I get to be the bait?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes.

"We'll find out when Astrid threatens us again." He pulled me out of bed and I groaned, missing the comfy mattress. 

He let go of my arms and opened the door. I followed him down the corridors, all the way to the holding cells where we were met with a smug looking Hades.

"Well, well, the love birds are finally awake!" He spoke.

Hades was sat in his chair behind his desk, as he leaned backwards in the chair. He looked lifeless, tired, sleep deprived. 

"Any updates from Astrid?" Adrian asked.

"You bet your bottom dollar, Sunshine! The go-getter made it back safely with a message saying 'this means war, we will take your precious wife and kill her!'" Hades pulled a note from his pocket and read it out loud. 

"Good, now we can hope that they show up so we can get this party going. By the way..."

"If you're lookin' for your scary buddies, they are already in the basement. They got up early and made themselves breakfast." Adrian nodded and hummed in response. 

He walked off in the direction I knew was the basement. I stayed back to check on Hades.

"You don't look so good, did you sleep at all?" I asked concerned. 

"As right hand man, I don't sleep when the Don is asleep. I have to be up to hold the fort while he's sleeping." He replied rubbing his hand down his face. 

"Get some sleep." I said. It sounded more like a demand so I added, "Please" And left.

I caught up with Adrian as he opened the stairwell door and hiked to see if I was behind him. He held the door open for me, allowing me to go first. We walked down the stairs for a bit when he stopped.

"Wait, we need to eat first. Come, I'll take you to the kitchen." He motioned with his hand for me to follow him back up the stairs. 

For a warehouse, this place felt like a gigantic home. There were bedrooms a, place to hangout, and even a kitchen. I still have yet to explore the whole place. 

"Alright, what can I make you, Miss?" He goofed around as he pulled on an apron that hung near the entry of the kitchen. 

This kitchen was massive and it felt like I was living with a chef. A dangerous chef. I was wowed by the commercial kitchen appliances, my guess is that the chef for the house cooks here when he holds events or something. 

"Hm...I'll have the chef's favourite dish!" I smiled, watching him pullout all the things he needed. 

"Okay, mind taking a step back and watching the Master do his magic?" He nudged my arm.