Chapter 38

Calix's pov

My eyes stir at the light flutter of kisses on my neck and cheeks.

"Mmm...", I groan, my arms molding around each of the bodies on my sides.

"Happy birthday, McAslin", Zach whispers.

"Happy birthday...", Storm's voice follows, waking a small smile onto my lips. My eyes reveal themselves at that, pleased to see the two pretty faces before me.

"Thanks you guys", I mumble, pulling them both close. "Why are you up so early though?"

"To make you breakfast, of course", Zach states as he lifts himself up and out of my grasp. "And it's not that early, so get up... respectfully."

I chuckle as I allow both of them to drag me out of bed and onto my feet. "Okay, just let me go to the bathroom real quick."

"Goodmorning kisses first", Zach argues.

"How about after?"

"Nope."

"Fine, but just a quick kiss. I really gotta piss."

He immediately places his hands on my shoulders, a bright smile lighting up his face.

The airy sound of a breathy moan escapes his mouth as I grab ahold of his waist, consequently pulling him into an easy kiss. My teeth lightly close around his bottom lip, announcing the swift end of our dance.

His cheeks are bright red as I pull back. "That... was quite the 'quick' kiss..."

A gasp leaves his lips as I give his ass a light squeeze, my attention soon shifting to Storm. My hand settles in the crook of his neck, gently pulling him in.

His eyes are etched with eagerness as they slowly look up at me.

Damn is he beautiful.

Our lips meet, a bit more hastily because of his persistent tugging on my shirt. He moans - softly - allowing every drop of the sound to seep into my ears.

My eyes widen as he presses into me, almost climbing inside my skin, really.

"Okay, slow down there", I laugh, breaking our kiss.

"Sorry...", he whispers, suddenly meek.

"Somebody's a little excited", I tease, placing a brief peck on his lips as I step out of his grasp.

"Understandably. It's hard not to be when you look like that", Zach argues playfully, his suggestive eye following me to the bathroom door.

I scoff at his cringy expression, swiftly shutting the door once I'm inside.

"Be quick! We already miss you", he yells.

"Yeah, yeah", I reply, a soft chuckle flowing with the curve of my exhale.

Who knew that those two idiots could be more pleasant than a morning gym session?

~

Zach's pov

"I- Is it good?", Storm asks as Calix takes the first bite out of her waffle.

"Do you agree with me when I say we have to abduct him?", she questions playfully and I vigorously nod in agreement.

"What did you put in this?"

"Well... I know you mainly eat high protein meals, so I replaced the flour with protein powder and oats. Is it bad?", he asks wide-eyed and with a tone more frail than glass.

"Are you kidding me? This is the best waffles I've eaten in my life."

"Oh...", he blushes. "Thank you. I'm glad you like it."

A small smile shapes my face at his nervousness even though I can totally relate to how he feels.

Or rather, he's more on edge than nervous, like he always is around Calix. I, on the other hand, am definitely nervous.

Bordering on terrified, really.

What if I fuck up tonight? Disappointing Calix is one of my least favourite things in this world - one of which I found out the hard way.

Storm has told me multiple times that I seem to be a natural at this whole submissive thing, but I can't help but feel that just having a knack for it isn't enough.

She deserves the very best and I'm not exaggerating when I say this. I have never met a human being as perfect as Calix.

Cool, stoic. Intelligent and skilled. Fit, strong, beautiful, handsome and holy shit does she know how to pound an ass.

All I know is that whoever ends up being her partner is the most fortunate person to walk this earth.

"Are you joining me for practice today?", she asks, placing her plate in the sink.

"Yeah. Doc gave me the green."

"That's great", she beams. "It seems like a 'thank you' is well overdue, no?"

Just like that - with just the slight alter of her tone - she has us both in a chokehold.

She wasn't even talking to me. She wasn't even looking at me. The effect that she has on us has made me question my sanity multiple times.

Thoughts like 'am I a horny teenager', 'am I just pathetic' or 'am I a whore' have flooded my brain one too many times, but I soon came to the realization that it's none of the above.

It's her.

Fuck knows I'm not lying when I say that her demeanor and appearance is simply too appealing to me. Too inviting.

And what is the natural reaction to a being that is nothing short of the epitome of your imagination?

Arousal, attraction and... love.

A gentle giggle is pulled from Storm's mouth as her hands clasp behind his back, slightly lifting him off of the floor.

"Don't you agree?"

He nods, his smile overflowing with happiness.

Oddly, as their lips meet, my heart beats with a pulse of contentment, re-painting this voyeuristic picture of serenity in my mind.

No jealousy. No woe. Just raw, burning joy.

Because this picture is one I wish to see everyday.