Chapter 14

Zach's pov

A gentle groan wakes me from my slumber - low, warm.

I let out a sigh of contentment as I feel a strong arm tighten around my waist.

Calix.

Wait...

I slowly open my eyes, taken aback by the fact that I'm in her room.

"Good morning."

The low rumble of her voice sends goosebumps up my neck.

"Morning...", I reply, my rasp nothing in comparison to her deep, silky tone.

I hesitantly turn around to face her, shocked as I realise how close we are.

"Uh... when's your class?", I ask, desperately trying to distract myself from our proximity.

"Afternoon-ish...", her hand slides up my body, stopping at my nape. "Yours?"

I subconsciously lean into her touch, indulging in her warmth. She caresses my cheek, a slight smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Later... uhm... evening."

"Mm...", she hums as she pulls me closer, pausing briefly to search my eyes.

I don't know if she found what she was looking for, but my eyes flutter shut at the sensation of her hand moving to my hair.

Her lips meet mine soon after and suddenly I grow very aware of her every touch.

It's gentle - fingers softly rubbing my scalp and guiding my face. A small moan leaves my lips because of how good this feels.

How warm. How peaceful.

Is waking up like this every day too much to ask?

To my disappointment, she pulls back and retracts her hand, laying on her back instead.

"I was thinking... high-calorie protein shake for breakfast?"

"Yeah... always."

Silence settles between us - a comfortable silence. One that does not require interruption.

But deep down, I wish for her to say something. Something I want to hear.

Something I've been craving to hear for a long time.

"Hey Calix?"

I take in her handsome features as she turns my way - muscular arm neatly tucked underneath her head; perfect brows slightly furrowed as she looks at me.

I love you.

"Wanna hit the gym later?"

She smiles.

"Of course."

~

Storm's pov

My pencil lightly taps against the desk in unsteady beats, portraying my evident frustration.

A calming breath leaves my lips as I take in the sketch, every detail of her tricep finished to perfection.

But the cause of my irritation stares me right back in the eye - her bicep insertion.

It pains me to admit that I don't know the exact peak and length.

How could I forget something so important to me?

I sigh in defeat as I drop my pencil, slumping back into my chair.

"It's not gonna bother me..."

I mindlessly stare at the ceiling as I try to recall the perfect curvature of her short head once more.

It's definitely gonna bother me.

Rising from my seat, I pick up my phone, nervously biting my lip as I click on her name.

"What the fuck am I gonna say? 'Hey send me a pic of your biceps real quick'?"

Fuck... I hate myself.

~

Calix's pov

I position myself on the opposite side of the bar, placing my hands on the iron rod.

"You good, Z?", I ask, worried.

It's our very last set for the day and he's been off for our entire sesh.

"Yeah... I'm just a bit fatigued." He offers a stiff smile, barely meeting my eyes.

I purse my lips as I nod firmly. He slips under the bar, placing his hands in a relatively wide grip.

He braces himself and I lift the weight off of the rack - letting go when he gives me the green.

Zach mainly does strength training, so his rep range isn't that high. He's a winger afterall.

To my surprise, he doesn't struggle at all, finishing his last rep with ease. I re-rack the weight, patting him on the back as he sits up.

"Nice going man! When did you get so strong?"

"Oh, fuck off", he smiles, hitting me with his towel. "You rep almost double that."

"Can't I just praise my best friend?", I ask playfully.

He scoffs, getting up and grabbing his stuff.

"You know... you should smile more. It complements that gorgeous body of yours."

His eyes widen in shock.

"Calix! Now you're just doing it to embarrass me...", he averts his gaze in an attempt to hide is flustered face.

"Nope. I'm dead serious", I say, walking toward the locker rooms. He follows my lead, catching up to me within a few strides.

"Wait... did you just flirt with me?"

I chuckle, "Don't be so dense. Of course I did."

He goes silent. I shift my gaze to look his way and come face to face with the cutest thing that I have ever seen.

He's blushing. In fact, he's smiling like an idiot.

Adorable.