Chapter 32

Zach's pov

"Knock knock... one high calorie protein shake coming through."

A small smile hints at my lips as Calix opens the door, beaker in hand.

"Thank you", I state as she places it on the desk.

"Feeling any better?" She approaches the bed and I scoot over as she takes a seat next to me.

"Yeah. Storm is... really helping...", I force out.

"That's great. Soon you'll be up and at it again", she rejoices, enthusiasm evident on her face.

I nod, desperately trying to suppress my sprinting thoughts.

"Hey C..."

She perks up, her expression forming one of expectance.

"Do you like him?"

My eyes hesitantly meet her own - her gaze unbuckling as it almost wills me to believe that her words are nothing but the truth.

"I do. He is the very first person who fits into my way of dominating - who complements it in style and intensity."

"No, I mean... romantically...", I oppose, my lungs unresponsive as I brace myself for her answer.

"Well, no. Or rather... I don't know... "

I swallow, "And... me?"

Her lips purse as her jaw clenches tightly, silently answering my pitiful question.

"It's okay. I get it."

"No, Zach, you don't", she protests, her tone growing strained.

"I like you. I do. It's just..."

My eyes widen as she gently takes my hand in hers.

"I don't want to give you false hope. You know me way better than any fling or one night stand."

"I don't want to lie to you", she utters, her gaze still sure.

"I know, and it's okay", I say, placing my other hand on top of hers. "I'll wait for you."

She looks taken aback for about a second before a knowing smile spreads across her face.

"And...", I retract my hands, "because of that fact... you owe me a kiss."

"Oh, do I?", she teases, slowly narrowing the distance between us.

"Yes please...", I breathe, my body instinctively moving closer to hers.

Like a magnet, she lures me into her den, effortlessly - motionlessly - placing me exactly where she wants me.

Static. Wanting. Waiting.

Nobody had to say it, but every fiber of my being knew it. Almost as though it was screaming the answer to a long lost prayer:

You're in control. You are. I know that.

Finally, the familiarity of her hand graces my skin, dancing soft curves up my shoulder and into my hair.

My chest swells as her lips meet mine - thinly, gently.

And like a newborn, my lungs are forced full of air; her air. Air purer than Adam's first breath.

"Thank you", I whisper as she pulls back, my voice suddenly shy.

"Always a pleasure."

She shapes to rise, but my hand lightly tugs at her shirt.

"Uhm, could you... teach me about bdsm?"