Chapter 36

Calix's pov

"Come on... get up..."

I groan as a thuddy pressure settles on my torso. My eyes reluctantly reveal themselves, unamused to see Zach on top of me.

"You're heavy."

He frowns at the implications of my words. "You're mean."

A smile settles on my lips as I sit up, making a point of getting quite close to his face. "I'm kidding. You're the perfectest, leanest wing to ever walk this earth", I compliment, only telling half a lie.

"Stop lying", he lightly shoves my shoulder, a slight blush hinting at his cheeks.

"I'm not. You're one of the leanest people I know. The healthiest out of them all, too."

"Oh and let's not forget about how light you are", I state, the gentle rumble of his laugh echoing in my ears as I neatly flip him onto his back.

"That's just because you're strong...", he mumbles, suddenly shy. I playfully roll my eyes at his persistence, slumping onto his body.

"Where's Storm?", I ask, slowly relaxing as I breathe in his scent.

"Campus. I gave him my car."

Relaxation long forgotten, my muscles tense as I shoot up to stare at him. "You what?"

"I gave him my car..?", he says - non-chalant.

"You gave him your car? As in your Volkswagen W12? As in your one true love?"

His cheeks flush nervously as he realizes what I'm implying. "Yes..."

A smile curves onto my lips; knowing. "Okay."

"What do you mean 'okay'?", he asks in mock fury.

"I mean that your efforts at hiding the fact that you are utterly smitten is futile."

His expression shifts into one of brief sadness that I thought was fake at first, but when he looks up at me with glazed brown eyes, my chest aches. "What's wrong?"

My eyes widen as he suddenly pulls me close, into a gentle hug. "I... didn't expect to like someone other than you. It's driving me to the brink of insanity because I love you and I don't wanna give you half my love, even if you don't accept or reciprocate it. Please don't question how much I love you. Please? I'm sorry that I like him. I can't help it. I've tried, I swear-"

"Hey... it's okay", I reassure, my fingers already tangled in his hair. "There's nothing to be sorry for, yeah? And I'd never question the extent of your love."

My lips meet his own in a dainty, comforting kiss.

He nods softly as I pull back, a heavy breath following shortly after. "Sorry..."

I shake my head, "You know as much as I do that you have every right to express how you feel."

"Yeah", he hums, leaning into my caressing touch. "Thank you."

His hand meets mine at the crook of his jaw, simply holding it there as he bathes in my attention.

Cute.

"Wanna make breakfast with me?"

"Protein shake?"

"Nah, I'm thinking pancakes", I simply state, a smile dancing on my lips as his face lights up.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We have the time, so why not?"

"Then I would love to make breakfast with you."

"With hardstyle blasting through the speakers?"

"Maybe not so early in the morning, McAslin."

~

Zach's pov

"How's the neck? What'd the doc say?"

A slight smile hints at my lips as I realize she's referring to Storm. "It's much better. He said I'll be out on the field again by next week."

"That's fantastic", she avers, "we all miss your filthy footwork."

Her words draw a quiet chuckle out of me - a temporary distraction from the awful task of washing dishes.

"Stop frowning."

Immediately my face relaxes, even though I know full well that she meant it as a joke.

The sound of swallowing is awfully loud as I attempt brushing off my sensitivity to her orders. Or well, anything mildly commanding that leaves her mouth.

"You good?"

"Yes... why do you ask?"

Shit, why do I sound so formal?

"No reason, really. You just look kinda tense."

Maybe because I have this flaming desire to kiss you every time I see your ridiculously attractive face.

"No, no. Not tense at all."

There is a brief silence before her hands suddenly find themselves on my hips. "Not?", she questions in that nectareous tone, announcing her presence behind me.

The tightness and placement of her grip tells me that she's simply being playful, but my body is reacting quite... inordinately.

"Be mindful of the fact that you're gonna have to fix the effects of touching me like that, McAslin."

"Oh?", she questions, a hint of surprise shaping her voice - the curious kind of surprise.

"Indeed. If you would allow me to finish up here, then I'd be more than ecstatic to show you said effects."

But, as per usual, Calix does it her way.

"I don't think that's necessary", she whispers, her lips dancing a slow tango on my neck.

"Wait... hold on-" I'm cut short by my own shocked gasp as her hand makes quick work of loosening my sweats.

"Okay then", I breathe, abandoning the sponge and giving in to anticipation -

Only to be left untouched as she suddenly removes her grasp. "Finish up."

Surely she was created in the very basements of hell.

"Y- yes, okay. Two minutes?"

As soon as she nods, my hand starts scrubbing the pan better than any housewife, cleaning it completely within seconds.

My skin vibrates with delight as her hands find their place on me once more, this time sure with lust.

I leap for the last few utensils, desperately wanting to give her my unwavering attention. "Oh...", a soft moan slips past my lips, complementing her act of mercy by slipping her hands into my pants.

"Come on... finish up", her voice oozes the promise of pleasure as she starts rubbing up and down the prominent swell of my cock.

Ah fuck. I must have been an imbecile to forget the way her hands feel, because this... this is more than enough to make me cum.