Chapter 29

Storm's pov

My heart races as I place two neat knocks on her apartment door.

Her message sounded quite urgent, so I left work as quickly as I could. I hope I didn't make her wait...

"Hey", she greets as she swiftly opens the door, inviting me in.

"Hi..."

A smile spreads across my face at her appearance - as easy on the eyes as nimble moonlight.

She closes the door behind me as soon as I step inside.

"Sorry for the short notice. I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"No, not at all! I'm glad you reached out to me", I argue, a blush lighting up my cheeks.

I would do anything for her anyway. If she says jump, I'll ask how high without a sliver of hesitation.

She nods, finally reciprocating my smile.

My breath halts as her finger suddenly meets my chin, lifting my face.

"I missed you", she says, leaning down and placing a slow, easy kiss on my lips.

Delight rises within me as my heart rejoices at her simple statement.

"I- I missed you too...", I breathe - dazed.

My words are met with a peck on the cheek before she steps out of my wanting grasp.

"Would you like something to drink? Eat?"

I shake my head no, my phantom hands still holding onto her strong arms.

"Sit."

Yes ma'am.

"So, as I explained, he took a knee to the head. Concussions are relatively easy to deal with, but I immediately realised that he injured his neck as well."

I nod in understanding, eagerly offering my endless attention.

"Fuck... I know you're busy and that this is entirely unreasonable, but I need you to stay here and take care of him for a few days."

"Done."

Any imbecile would let the opportunity to be around her slip through their fingers. I'm no imbecile.

"Seriously?", she asks, shocked.

"Of course."

"Thank fuck. I immediately thought your hands would work wonders and I'm so glad you didn't bail on me."

My smile widens ever so slightly at the compliment - accelerating my heartbeat.

"If you'd let me... I could relieve some of the tension in your shoulders as well?"

She goes silent, her gaze intense.

"I- It's just that I realised you carry all of your tension there and I would love to make you feel better and-"

"Are you aware how hard you make resisting you?"

Oh.

My throat goes dry at her tone - sexy, alluring.

I keep my eyes on hers as she rises, her tall frame towering over my own.

"You know I would love your hands on me", she whispers as she leans down, her lips mere breaths away from mine.

"I'm... honored", I say, entranced by her enticing features.

Her hand snakes up my neck, leaving goosebumps in its wake. She guides my awaiting lips to its destiny, gracing it with her skilled mouth and setting my body ablaze.