Leon - Insecurities

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you're ok dear?" Leon's mom asked you. You were chopping up some zucchini, focused solely on your work. "Yea...too many people at the station...made me nervous..." You finished the zucchini and started chopping up bell peppers. Cooking and prep calmed you down, it was familiar and easy, you could just get lost in it. You heard the front door open, "Mom! [Name]! I'm home!" Leon's voice rang out in the house. You couldn't help the smile that came to your face as you put down the knife. His mom laughed, "Go on." You laughed and ran out the kitchen, into the entryway. "Lee!" You called out. Leon saw you and held his arms out. You jumped into his arms and Leon caught you. You wrapped your legs around him, holding you close. You could feel Leon's arms squeeze you tightly.you turned your face and kissed Leon. The kiss was filled with so much love and longing, that all your doubts dissolved in that minute.

You pulled away and pressed your forehead to Leon's. "I missed you..." You whispered. Leon smirked and pecked your lips again, "I missed you too, and now I'm staying for a while." You nodded excitedly, "I got a week off so we can spend more time together!" You told him excitedly as he gently put you down, still keeping his arms around you. "Good, I have plans for us. But first I gotta talk to mom ok? I'll meet you outside." You couldn't help the excitement shining in your eyes as you nodded and went outside. "Hey mom! I gotta tell you something!"

That night, you watched beside Leon as Hop and Gloria bonded with the pokémon Leon had given them. Leon had offered the third to you, but you declined. You weren't much of a battler, you preferred cooking over that. Together you all ate as one big happy family, enjoying the barbque you and Leon's mom had worked on. And at the end of the night, you and Leon said your goodbyes to everyone as you both headed home to your home in Wyndon.

As Leon helped you off of his charizard, you heard squealing and felt yourself deflate. Before you could move, a group of beautiful women shoved you out of the way to get to your boyfriend. Luckily, your Noctowl had saved you from getting knocked to the ground, which you thanked it for. "Leon you're back!" "We missed you!" "Will you take pictures with us!?" "Can I have your number!?" Leon looked around with a forced smile on his face, answering their questions and politely declining their advances. You stood off to the side and looked at your phone. It was well past midnight at this point, but the end of these girls was nowhere in sight. You looked over the group. Beautiful women who looked like they belonged next to the Champion's side. You could see most of them had belts with 6 pokéballs on them, pokémon trainers. Someone who could battle Leon and have that in common with him...unlike you. You couldn't compete with any of these women. No wonder they just pushed you to the side, they didn't think someone like you could actually be dating the unbeatable champion. Even in the tabloid magazines, they didn't believe you were together either.

Another ten minutes passed and you sighed. You took out your phone sending Leon a message: 'I'm going ahead, I'll see you at home.' You looked at him again to see if he noticed, but you couldn't see him through the crowd. Another five minutes, then you started walking.

You walked into the empty house and deposited your keys into the bowl by the door, "I'm home.." You said to no one. You simply made your way upstairs and changed for bed while Noctowl got comfortable in its nest, it wouldn't sleep yet, but its gaze always gave you some comfort. You tried to sleep, but couldn't get the images of those women out of your mind. And then you started picturing each of them with Leon. They all seemed so perfect with him.

Thirty minutes later, you heard the front door open and Leon's familiar voice: "I'm home!" You heard the door click and footsteps coming up the stairs. Finally the door to your bedroom opened, but you kept your eyes closed, still barely asleep. Footsteps came closer and there was a dip in the bed on your side. You got a whiff of the citrus cologne Leon wore, a smell that brought you comfort. You could feel yourself falling deeper asleep. Leon's large hand rested on your head, stroking your hair softly. The last thing you heard before conking out was, "I'm sorry [Name]... I love you.."

Things didn't improve much from there. With the championship coming up, people were flocking to Galar, and that meant Leon was getting recognized everywhere. Girls would constantly come up and disturb your dates. And when you both had to return to work, your social media feed got flooded with images and posts of various girls getting their selfie with Leon. The more images you saw, the more doubt had made its way into your heart.

You went home that night sad and alone. Leon said he wouldn't be home that night because the Chairman needed him. As soon as you got home, you went upstairs and sat on your bed. You took a deep breath, and cried. Hot tears streamed down your face and falling onto your clothes and the comforter. You could feel how hot your face was from crying, but you couldn't stop. Why did you ever think you could be good enough for Leon? He was the unbeatable champion, while you were just a chef with only one pokémon. He was tall and handsome. You felt so plain next to him and the other women dying to go out with him. The world didn't even believe you were a real couple. Maybe...maybe it would be better if you released him? That thought made you cry harder. You buried your face in your hands and wept. Your Noctowl stayed close, leaning against you, trying to provide its trainer some comfort.

Leon quietly opened the front door, carrying a bouquet of your favorite flowers. He patted his pocket again before closing the door and heading towards the living room, where he thought you'd be. But he froze when he could make out your crying upstairs. He quickly ran up the stairs and opened the door to your bedroom. His heart sank as he saw you sitting on the bed with Noctowl, absolutely sobbing. You looked up as he came in. Your face was red, eyes were puffy, and cheeks were stained with tears. You couldn't stop sniffling, even as you tried to quickly wipe away the tears. "H-hey Lee..." Your voice still hiccupped as you spoke. You took a deep breath trying to calm your breathing. "H-how was work? I-I didn't think you were coming home tonight?" Leon ignored the question and came to kneel in front of you, placing the flowers on the bed beside you. He cupped your face, looking deeply into your eyes. "What's wrong, love? What happened?" His eyes were so sincere. What did you do to deserve him? Tears fell once more. You grasped his hands with your own, shaking. "I....I don't deserve you Leon..." Leon's eyes widened, but you continued, "You could be with any girl you want Lee...someone more beautiful, someone who likes to battle, could match you...I'm not good enough..." You sniffled and pulled up your phone. You showed him your feed, still covered in photos of Leon with his fangirls. "Any of them would be better for you than me..."

Leon's eyes softened as he stared at you. He gently took the phone from your hand and placed it down by Noctowl. "[Name], do you love me?" Your mouth gaped open, "I-I do but.." "Do you love me?" His eyes bore into yours. You gave him a slight nod, "Yes...I love you very much.." "And I love you [Name]. I love you so much it hurts [Name]. I hate being away from you for so long. I get annoyed when fans come up and drive us apart. Please believe me when I say I never want anyone else but you as my partner. I would rescind my position as champion if it meant I got to keep you by my side."

Leon reached into his pocket. "And I want to spend the rest of my life proving that to you. Spend everyday with you. Show you how much I love you more and more each day. To show my wife the love she deserves.." He held up a small dark red jewelry box and opened it, revealing a beautiful engagement ring. One that you had pointed out to your friends months ago. Tears well up again, but not tears of sadness and distress. "Really...? Me...?" You asked, still stunned by all of this. Leon chuckled and smiled up at you. "I don't want anyone else, will you marry me [Name]?" You sobbed but smiled. You couldn't get the words out, but you nodded vigorously. Leon grinned and slipped the ring onto your finger, before pulling you in for a deep kiss. You returned his kiss eagerly, beside you your Noctowl hooted with joy. "I love you so much [Name], I will show you everyday just how much.." Leon mumbled in between kisses. You giggled, "I love you even more Leon..."

"